Brad Delp Boston Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Delp Boston Tribute

Just walked in from the show and I'm beat but i wanted to give an update.

What a long show it was with a lot of bands. They were almost all if not all Boston based bands.

Extreme played a set and i have to say it was the firs ttime i was dissapointed with their performance. Garys voice was very out of pitch for te first few songs. Nunos tone was really thin and tinny. He played pretty sloppy as well.

Godsmack did an acoustic set. I was never a fan to be honest but it wasn't too bad.

For the Boston part of the show they had people sit in and sing various songs. Mainly people who were in the band at different times. The guest singer/guitarist that sat in all night was Micheal Sweet from Stryper.

The end of the night Tom introduced every member of Boston from 1976 to present and they tore into Don't look back with the original members included. The kicker was Tomn never mentioned or brough Sib Hashean for it. Sib played with Barry Goudrou with RTZ but wasn't brought out for the last song ... go figure ..

They played a tribute tape to Brad Delp from his family and the people who knew him ...pretty touching...

We enjoyed the show so i guess that's all that matters
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Brad had such an amazing voice man..that fit that music like a glove. Boston is an entity all their own that can never be duplicated!

Not even with today's pro tools technology and players..that's what I think!!

I thought Gary and Nuno would more on their game..that blows.

Never was a Godsmack fan..even when they are plugged in...ehh.

I could see Michael Sweet doing a tasty job...he's near that range!

Bill
    Last edited by horns666; 08-20-2007, 09:27 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Glad you had a good time and yes that is all that matters ! Wow never heard of a bad Extreme show but I guess everyone has an off gig.

Never seen Stryper or any of the members live except for on TV but Michaels voice is very talented.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Thanks for the update Kevin.
        RIP BD
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The show was good but you are right it was also quite long. The Boston tunes were kickass with Stryper vocals even though Michael skipped the really high notes - he's not really a big falsetto guy I guess.

It was a lot of fun and good weather too. I was afraid it would be too cold out there but it was fine.

Comment

It seemed very unorganized getting into the arena. It was so bad most of the bands were walking through the main gate with the ticket holders.

I thought Sweet did a geat job as well. He was also hitting the higher notes for Charlie Farren during his part.
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              He was also hitting the higher notes for Charlie Farren during his part.
              Yeah I thought that was great

Comment

Working...
              X