How many is a collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many is a collection?

How many Jacksons must I own before I can say I have a "Collection"? I've got a WRMG, a DK2M, just over a week away from picking up my DK2S. Yup, it's one of those "I'm stuck at work and bored shitless" threads.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Three is a crowd, so three or more.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I'd say more than 1

Comment

Lots.:ROTF: Having a few of anything does not make a collection. Having the "Bug" to get as many of what you want and are willing to sell your soul to get it, makes you a "Collector".:ROTF:
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

My soul has RESALE VALUE?!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

"Collectors" don't give a fuck about resale value. They will pay big bucks for the missing link in a collection. I have a lot of shit. I collect guitars. The big dif is I will buy just any guitar. A "Collector" will concentrate on Jacksons, in your case, and must have every type; style; variation and "THE HOLY GRAIL"

Comment

Not sure my room will take more than 5, and that's if the TV gets thrown out. Actually, I'd better sell that in case the bitch in the opposite bedsit cashes it in for some cocaine.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

anything more than a few

a few is 2 so 3 makes it a small collection imo
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I have 6 "keepers", but only play 2..sometimes my 7 strings which makes 3.

I keep 3 of them in time capsules..they can't be played ever.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                    anything more than a few

a few is 2 so 3 makes it a small collection imo
                    I thought a couple was 2 and a few was three...
                    Scott

Comment

I'm not sure a Completist and a Collector are the same thing...

3 or more is a collection...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Collection = Infinite.

This is why some people can't stop buying guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          I have 6 "keepers", but only play 2..sometimes my 7 strings which makes 3.

I keep 3 of them in time capsules..they can't be played ever.
                          I was always wondering what guitars you have...I don't think I've ever seen you post pics of of yor guitars or even talk about them. Sorry, seemed like a good oppurtunity to ask you that now .

Comment

Originally posted by ApeDosMil View Post
                            Collection = Infinite.

This is why some people can't stop buying guitars.
                            :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Until you run out of space.

Comment

I'm happier today with 5 than I was 7 years ago with 45+...

Food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X