MY family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY family

Bored today, my VAT return can wait, here's some pics of some of my little family:

1.My very first guitar, bought for me as a bribe to go on holiday with my parents at the age of 14. I wanted to stay at home, they had to buy this to make me go with them. Yes, nasty garish colours, glittery too, but all in all, not a total pile of shit like some people's first axe. Certainly enjoyed playing it. Currently residing in it's original cardboard box at Chez Mater & Pater (at least it better fucking be). Ladies and genitalmen, my Westone Raider 2 :

Ahem, that's enough of that one I fear.

2. Next we have a liitle beauty I picked up on my first trip out of this country to the USA when I was 18. Answered an ad in the Recycler from a bloke named "Mad Metal Mike". Expecting to meet some crazy metal-head, we ended up at an insurance company meeting a small bookish bloke with glasses like the bottom of 2 coke bottles, who was obviously wearing a vest under his shirt (it was 80 degrees + outside). This wasn't the guitar I went to look at, that turned out to be a bass (he'd forgotten to put that vital info in the ad), but he had this one, albeit more expensive. Well, fuck that, I wasn't going to spend a penny more than the original guitar I was hoping to get, so used my ultimate hard-bargaining tool - fanning myself with a wad of crisp dollar bills as I walked out. That did the trick, he bit, I reeled him in, and my new guitar - a BC Rich thru-neck Warlock. It's actually midnight blue, not black, haven't got any pics that do the colour any justice , I'm afraid! This guitar is Heavy Fucking Metal!!!

Right, let's see if that posts, or whether I'm a spaz at this too......
    Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-22-2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: Because I AM a spaz
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Ooh, a Raider 2 - Just like Boy George's!
    (Actually, I think his was red/silver...)

Nice Warlock, I really like those with the white body binding.

Comment

Righto, think I've got the hang of this now...

Moving swiftly on, some Ibanezezezezs :

Black Cherry 540S Sabre.
      Wonderful guitar, nice and light. This one got dropped soon after this pic was taken (13 yrs ago!!!) and I made the twat that did it pay for a re-fin. It has sat in the case ever since because the pickups won't fit back in due to the thickness of the paint now. I WILL take it back to Jaydee Guitars to get him to re-assemble it........one day.

Another 540S Sabre, the one that turned me onto these guitars. Actually belongs to a mate of mine, smackhead, he doesn't know I pulled it out of a Pawn shop one day for £40. He can have it back when he gets clean, it'll be a nice surprise for him, he must have been in a really really bad way to part with it anyway.
      It's an early one, has a Hipshot Tremsetter attached, and a Dimarzio Fred (I seem to recall)

An old snotty RG550, painted by Jaydee Guitars, a really garish pearlescent pink (again, pics do it no justice). I ripped the guts out and whacked an EMG85 in (and luminous knobs!), can't recall why! My amp-testing guitar kept at work.

An old one of mine, an RG450 I think. Sold to a mate who couldn't play a single note, along with a Marshall stack. He had a letter from the council telling him to "cease and desist" IMMEDIATELY, upon pain of seizure of equipment, within one week of purchase. Turned out he was winding it up, then sitting out in the garden with the windows open just making elephant noises all day. Ah, OK, I see why the neighbours weren't impressed then....

Right, let's see how badly this lot turns out.......
      Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

If you ever want to lose the Warlock, I'm your man

Comment

Well, I'll deal with the Boy George accusations later.....

Moving on:

Hamer Californian. I think the colour is horrible, I got it through a dodgy business deal to get rid of some old stock of mine at work. Then I knocked it off a bench, ayayayayayay. It WAS perfect, now the paint is biffed along one edge, so could well be up for a refin into something funky very soon.

Another DEFINITE re-fin is this Model 6. It came beaten up, received some extra knocks in transit, along with a damaged headstock and binding, but plays absolutely beautifully. I can't stand the colour though, it WILL become sexy very soon. (Or fucking disgusting, depending on your POV). Fluorescent orange, anyone?

My Gibsons.
          1979 Explorer2, bought for me by my loving parents for my 18th birthday. They were, and still are, the bestest parents I have ever had. I love 'em, my old man must have worked his arse off to get that for me. Sometimes I like the guitar, sometimes it is a bit bulky, but one thing is certain, this guitar will NEVER be sold.
          With it is my Flying V (The V) I wanted a V when I was 14, ended up with Boy George's guitar (apparently. I never studied his vids, so I'll have to take Snoogans' word for it) Finally got hold of one at the age of 30. EMG 81 and 85 in it, stuck on a plane in LA by my friends and picked up at Heathrow by me, with grey hair and no fingernails. Arrived intact!!! Hooray!!

FUCKING ARSEHOLES!!! Apparently my bandwidth for that site has been exceeded. Someone give me a clue as to where to put these bloody pics!!

(No, not there, that's rude)
          Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-22-2007, 12:11 PM.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Come on, somebody enlighten me here about pics. I'm fucking off now for a bit, I have to do some real work, but will return, now I've started this damned thread. Meh!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I use these guys to host my pics.
              http://www.81x.com/

Comment

pics? what pics? I use photobucket.com
                Hail yesterday

Comment

'Kin 'ell, they're back. Quick, here's the Gibsons:

Then there's my two Steinberger Spirits.

Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Very nice collection. I have a similar Warlock. I like your headstock better.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Next:
                      Jackson FB-2T. Erm, nice colour

Jackson USA Dinky built April 1986.
                      I dragged this out to take a pic the other day and realised it has been away for 11 years!!!!!! Couldn't put the bloody thing down though after having a little go, lovely! I think I'm worried about knocking bits off it, that's why it has stayed hidden.

Finally for now, my all-time favourite, my Jackson USA Strat, built March 1986. Yes it's had the shit beaten out of it, but it feels just so right, it plays brilliantly, sits right, I absolutely love it. This guitar was made for me (well, it wasn't but it could have been, it is spot on.) The white EMG85 is a bit strange to the eye, but great to the ear, better than the J-50 it had in it originally.
                      This guitar got me into seriously hot water with HM Customs & Excise when I brought it back to the UK, a lesson learned - don't try and avoid paying the duty, you will get caught and buggered.

Now, if I can remember where the rest of my guitars went, I'll put pics of them too. Where the hell did I stash them.......................?
                      Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-22-2007, 12:15 PM.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Sorted.........I think. Why didn't I use that there Photobucket earlier then?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Interesting collection! Lots of variety!

Comment

very nice, Rs. Diverse & perverse!

I'm really digging on that Firebird. Minty fresh!
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Bloody hell - I didn't think us Brits were allowed to have so many cool guitars! I thought we were just 'sposed to have the odd Satellite Les Paul copy, and maybe a Korean BC for the young'uns.

Your V is making me feel tingly in hard-to-reach places.....

Comment

Working...
                              X