No announcement yet.

MY family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool collection. What's with the pickguard on the Flying V?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Cool firebird!

Comment

I like the couch!

the guitars are pretty cool too.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sweet. I love the Hamer and the snakeskin Jackson!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

cool.

Comment

SWEET Warlock!!!!

I'd also like to get in the running if you ever get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                SWEET Warlock!!!!

I'd also like to get in the running if you ever get rid of it.
                He he, that guitar has been in suspended animation for about as long as the Dinky, and the offers to relieve me of it are coming in thick and fast! Maybe........just maybe. Thing is, I'm a hoarder!

Dunno what the score is with the pickguard on the V, it was on when I got it, and I haven't dare take it off to see what it's hiding. I can live with it, doesn't look too bad but the pratt who put it on used some no 6 woodscrews - very nasty. I keep meaning to get round to putting some nice japanned screws in, but, well, you know how it is.

As for the couch, it's a bloody comfortable one. I have a client who bought 3 brand new ox-blood Chesterfields and was going to put them in his nightclub. I told him he must be insane, they would be slashed and burned in no time, and they cost him a fortune. He agreed, put one in his office, one in his manager's office, and that's the third one, the short one, in my warehouse! Superb for those slow mornings, after a skinful, drag it to the yard, have a snooze in the sun. Heaven!
                The best of it is, after 6 months he decided these big couches in his offices were taking up far too much room, so I bagged the other two as well, and they are at home! Price paid by me = £0.00. Bargain!

Cheers for the comments everyone, it's nice to know that other people find those guitars as fwappable as I do.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Very sweet stable..

nice pics.

I wish I could post pics of awesomeness..but I'm much to computerly dumb!!

I have Victorian and Carpenter Gothic furniture..but your Oxblood leather couch would fit my decorum quitely nicely..

Not really a Gibson man..but I do like this set..you need a black pickguard on the V tho!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice collection of diverse guitars there mate!

Those Gibsons are friggin sweet. But do something with that pickguard on the V. I'd take it off and figure out some way to hide the screw holes...

I like the Warlock too...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Show off!

And you've got a fucking white van!
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

You know when you have a new girlfriend and you are proudly stepping out with her at the local watering hole? Then one of your mates takes you to one side and says "Wow, she's hot. Shame about that tit though"
                        Rrrrright, OK, hadn't noticed it myself, but there you go.
                        So you have another drink.
                        Then another one of your mates whispers in your ear "She's stunning. Apart from that tit"
                        You leave the pub with your woman, but you can't get those comments about the tit out of your mind. Now your super new girlfriend has a problem tit, one you hadn't noticed. You were quite looking forward to nuzzling up to them, but now you aren't so sure. These hooters are going to have to be fixed before you will be happy.

That's how I feel right now.
                        This bloody pickguard is coming OFF!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          Show off!

And you've got a fucking white van!
                          Buggery! I've been "outed". Yes, I am, from time to time, "White Van Man" (Daily Sport on the dashboard and everything) Trust you to notice that minor detail - all my credibility out the window now!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Do show us pics of the V without the pickguard. I don't think it's hiding anything, I think the previous owner was waaaayyyy to worried about scratching it...

But WHY cover up that beautiful wood???
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nice guitars, but why the hell do you wanna destroy half of them with the re-finish you're talking about all the time..!? just leave them be.

Comment

Well the Model 6 has had a bloody good hiding, and come on, you have to agree, the "Long Kesh Dirty Protest" colour is vile, isn't it? Exactly WTF were Charvel thinking when they decided on the colours they were going to offer? I reckon this colour was a joke but no-one saw fit to own up to it before the guitars were painted!
                                As certain paint experts on here will attest, I have been agonising over whether to re-do it, in case I end up with a beautifully coloured guitar that plays like a cricket bat. I can't stand it as it is though, so it WILL be painted.....soon.

The Hamer hit the deck with a lovely clang, followed by me, milliseconds too late to catch it. Luckily no structural damage, but bottom edge has chipped nicely, just like an M&M shell, right down to the peanut! Once again, it's a bloody horrible colour, I'm just tempted to use the fall as an excuse to brighten it up a bit. I dare say I will find other things to amuse me before I do this one, and it'll never get done.

The Black Cherry Sabre was up for sale, the knob-end who said he wanted it put it round his neck, took his hands off it and watched it hit the floor. Once again, BIG chunk out of it. No problem, he's buying it right? Erm, well, he's doing the Lottery, hopefully he'll win and then he'll be able to afford it. Tosser. Well, I refrained from breaking every bone in his body, and got him to cough up to have it out back to the condition it was in before he touched it ie. immaculate.

The Pink RG was that nasty pearl pink when I bought it. That's what attracted me to it in the first place, it was so bad, I HAD to have it.

I'm not a re-fin fiend, I swear, despite evidence to the contrary!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                                X