No announcement yet.

Pit Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Pit Bulls are very good dogs and great with kids. It's all how you raise them. My friend has a Pit Bull, and he's great.
    I also had a Pit Bull/Boxer mix for awhile when I was married, she was also great... the dog, not the wife.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know I am spinning my wheels here. But, I have stated my opinion. And I will bet you that the State of Washington will do something about pit bulls.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

We are very "Liberal" up here.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          I defy you to show me another common breed of dog that has been as vicious and prone to unprovoked attacks as the pit bull.
          That would be very hard to do, but not for the reason that you may think. Pits have become hugely popular in the last 15 years. They are status symbols with rappers and actors much like bling is. This has driven the number of dogs being bread and sold up. There amount of back yard breeders in unreal now. Any time you increase numbers like this you are going to have skewed statistics. Chows, Rots, German Shephards, Dobermans and Akitas (all notorious for attacking) are not bread in the same numbers as pits. My analogy for you is one you hear often " you have a better chance at being in a car wreck than in a plane crash" well duh there are far more cars than planes. As far as rattlesnakes when was the last time you have seen one freely cohabiting with an animal other than another rattlesnake.

Comment

Just because there are more pits out there doesn't explain away the fact that there are stories like the one I used to start this thread with happening just about everyday.

Comment

Make it easy, ban all dogs.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                That would be very hard to do, but not for the reason that you may think. Pits have become hugely popular in the last 15 years. They are status symbols with rappers and actors much like bling is. This has driven the number of dogs being bread and sold up. There amount of back yard breeders in unreal now. Any time you increase numbers like this you are going to have skewed statistics. Chows, Rots, German Shephards, Dobermans and Akitas (all notorious for attacking) are not bread in the same numbers as pits. My analogy for you is one you hear often " you have a better chance at being in a car wreck than in a plane crash" well duh there are far more cars than planes. As far as rattlesnakes when was the last time you have seen one freely cohabiting with an animal other than another rattlesnake.
                That does somewhat prove my genetic malfunction theory. If more backyard breeders are poping up, you know they are inbreeding. So that creates problems in and of itself. But couple that with a dog that has a propensity to be aggressive and your just asking for stuff like this to happen...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

You can't ban all dogs!!!!!!:ROTF: It would cost the economy billions.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    Make it easy, ban all dogs.
                    Fine by me. I'm a cat guy anyway...

Yes, I'm good with that...

No, I'm not a pussy... No pun intended...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I think its a combination of both actually, the bloodline of the particular dog (not the entire breed) and the owners themselves. Instincts are hard to overcome if a dog has fighting or guard training in his blood, he may be all fine and dandy around people 95% of the time but then he can just lose it and go gonzo on your ass
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Again increased numbers, pop status = increased media attention. And just to be clear and to make sure this stays a healthy discussion I am not slamming your point of view . If you really believe these dogs are dangerous I can respect that. I would never try to change your beliefs. The same way that I would never try to convince someone their religious beliefs are wrong or flawed. Now if it is a way of thinking on the other hand then I feel it is my duty to make an attempt.

Comment

I had to fend off three Pitts with my Pud..one grabbed a hold off it....it was a Tug-0-War for sure..

My pud looked like a Stretch Armstrong..it was pretty painful but kewl!

Like Thor's Hammer with one mighty blow, my pud shattered their bones!

Manowar?...yeah, I fucked them!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am not going to slam anyone for their opinion. I have mine and you have yours. That's what makes it interesting. Just because I am right has no bearing whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I defy you to show me another common breed of dog that has been as vicious and prone to unprovoked attacks as the pit bull.
                              I think the dogs who bite humans the most are actually dalmations, german sheppards, rotwiellers and pittbulls.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Whatever

Comment

Working...
                                X