Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome post blindmuddy!! End of thread

Comment

When I read the thread title, I thought fett was talking about the VHT pitbull...

cleve, that pic you posted...really really sad. Just hurts me so much! I love both cats and dogs. but I understand the responsiblity that comes with raising a "good breed" of dog and hence would never own one. Its not the animal's fault. Sad...
      Sam

Comment

Don't muddy the water with facts. My reaction to the news article that prompted me to start this thread, whether rational or not, is what this breed is up against out there. Peace.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

Here is an update. The owners are facing potential Felony charges. They had been warned about lettting the dogs run loose. So here you have bad owners and the dogs are going to be dead. http://www.kirotv.com/news/13951853/detail.html
            Last edited by fett; 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
              You mean, you can't teach fett new tricks?? :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
              Sam

Comment

I'm way too old for that shit.

Comment

Man seeing those barrels full of dead dogs just tears out my heart.

To the topic at hand, regardless of what the media says, a certain breed only turns aggressive if it's trained that way, through proper training or neglect. Hell, I was bitten by a cocker spaniel as a child. You don't see people wanting to ban that breed, do you?

To use the horse analogy that Fett keeps bringing up, a colt does not come out of his racehorse mother ready to sprint around the track. A horse is a horse (of course, of course).
                  Scott

Comment

Yes, it does. That's why those horse guys pay big bucks for a newborn colt or a fillie. It's in the blood. http://petcaretips.net/thoroughbred-horse.html The same applies to dog breeds.
                    Last edited by fett; 08-23-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Blindmuddy, EXCELLENT post there man...

Sadly, the messed up pitbull is a direct result/reflection of our messed up society...

My father was scared to death of Pitbulls" he'd read about in the papers. I broiught my first one over and he was laughing at me saying I got took (funneir cuz it was a rescue) and it wasn't a pitbull. He said THAT particular dog was a called a Butchers dog or a Nursemaids dog, and that it wouldn't usually bite anyone. He explained to me that they'd had those types of dogs all his life where he came from...

I finally got him to understand the dog he was referring to was a pitbull as well as mine was... He's now he's still scared of my dogs because of what he'd read and doesnt even trust his own experiences with them... Pretty amazing...

Comment

• Cleve. Here's why the pits will lose. You have asswipes like the people that started this thread. I don't mean me. They should go to jail. But, the stigma on the breed has them doomed. I love dogs. But this is bigger.

Comment

• Bottom Line: A genine Pit Bull is an American Pit Bull Terrier, not just any ill- mannered mutt with bulldog blood which the media wants to call a "pit bull." Around the turn of the 20th Century, the Pit Bull was the most common and popular dog in the USA. Remember Petey on the Little Rascals? He was from a long-respected family of Pit Bulls. His behavior with the children on the show is typical of the breed, regardless of the stupid shit the media tries to shove down our throats.

I blame the media more than anything else. Back in the late 80's when they decided to demonize these dogs, certain idiots heard about it, got Pitt Bulls, and proceeded to abuse them because, hey, "I want the baddest dog around." By nature, they're very gentle with people but aggressive with other animals.

The idea of banning this breed is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. ANY dog can be made aggressive if abused enough.
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• Originally posted by fett View Post
                            I defy you to show me another common breed of dog that has been as vicious and prone to unprovoked attacks as the pit bull.
                            Here, educate yourself:

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• Nevermind.

Comment

• Yep, it's the media. It's the media making these pit bulls attack people. Yep, that's it. Medias fault. Case closed...

It's too damn easy to blame the media. Sure they run rampant with stupid shit, I'll give you that. But there has to be a story there somewhere to begin with. They don't fake these attacks. Pit bulls have bitten people and in some cases killed people. Period. Should the media give as much time to them as they do? Nope. But saying it the medias fault for demonizing these dogs is just plain stupid. These dogs, and their owners, have done a good job of demonizing themselves. So get over it already...

Interesting sidenote. I was walking home from work last night and a new family has moved into one of the rental houses a few blocks from my house. Tied up to the tree was a pit bull. It was brown with what looked like black stripes on it, do they call those brendals? Anyway, it woofed at me a bit. But I stopped and starting talking to it in a calm voice and told it was a good dog and a pretty dog and it mellowed and started wagging it's tail. It really was a pretty dog...

So I may get one someday. I may wait until my kids are out of the house but I could see myself getting one like the one I saw last night. Just beautiful...
                                Last edited by Bengal; 08-23-2007, 04:43 PM.
                                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X