No announcement yet.

Pit Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The media is often just over glorifying the pitbull issue. They frequently lie about attacks that aren't even pitbulls. The lady killed in San Fransisco a few years ago was said to be killed by pitbulls for a few days till someone notice the pitbulls were actually Presa Canarios... They just love the ratings viewers give them when they hear the word pitbull. It's called sensationalizing I believe...

Pitbulls actually rate one of the lower dogs in bite stats. Labrador retrievers are one of the most common. Chows are common with a lot of damage. Pitbulls just have a bad bite when they do bite... Pitbulls also rate high in the American Dog Obediency Testings usually in the high 80 / low 90 percentile, which is very good.

Scumbags in society are the fault really. It's sadly simple. They seem to destroy most beautiful things they come into contact with.

Bengal: Yes, if it was brownish with black stripes, and probably some white blotches, that is referred to as a Brindle coloration.

And Fett, this beautiful fawn pittie is a member of the Washington State Highway patrol...

Trooper Gardner and K9 Brei, an American pitbull drug detection dog with the Washington State Patrol.

These pitbulls are Search and rescue animals... Many of whom did duty at the World Trade tower site... Some are also cadaver dogs as well...

Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      The media just over glorifying the pitbull issue. They often lie about attacks that aren't even pitbulls. The lady killed in San Fransisco a few years ago was said to be killed by pitbulls for a few days till someone notice the pitbulls were actually Presa Canarios... They just love the ratings viewers give them when they hear the word pitbull. It's called sensationalizing I believe...

Pitbulls actually rate one of the lower dogs in bite stats. Labrador retrievers are one of the most common. Chows are common with a lot of damage. Pitbulls just have a bad bite when they do bite... Pitbulls also rate high in the American Dog Obediency Testings usually in the high 80 / low 90 percentile, which is very good.

Scumbags in society are the fault really. It's sadly simple. They seem to destroy most beautiful things they come into contact with.

Bengal: Yes, if it was brownish with black stripes, and probably some white blotches, that is referred to as a
      Brindle coloration.

And Fett, this beautiful fawn pittie is a member of the Washington State Highway patrol...

Trooper Gardner and K9 Brei, an American pitbull drug detection dog with the Washington State Patrol.
      BINGO thee ya go..I believe we had on in Cleveland if I remeber right..that was LONG ago.

I wonder if Pico would be good in the K-9 unit..he can go where no other dogs could..he could do cavity searches and pee on the suspects head!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Cleve,
        Isn't that a problem with people, not just the media? Misidentification of pit bulls? Yes, I will conciede that "pit bulls" has almost become a generic term to lump a bunch of dogs into with similar features. In that sense, I don't know if the dog I saw last night was a "real" American Pit Bull. But it had some Pit in it, you could tell by the shape of the head...

So that may be more of a human issue than a media issue. I mean, most will call their mutt dogs by what's the most dominant breed in the mutt. I don't often hear people say, "Well, it's a lab with some poodle and corgie and rott mixed in". It's usually just a lab. I don't think we can lay the blame on just the media for that...

And if you do want to blame the media, blame cable television. That spawned the 24 hour news channels like CNN and FOX News. They have 24 hours to fill. Not like the National news and local news. They only have about 2-4 hours to fill. They are not the ones harping on this. It's the FOX News of the world...

And I would also put forth that pit bull stories don't get the viewers that much. Storys on Lyndsay Lohan and Paris Hilton get more. That's my bitch with the media. Covering stories that have no effect on the population as a whole...

Then there is the Vick story. I don't feel the coverage of that story has put the pit bull in a bad light at all. If anything, it makes people like myself feel very sorry for them. It's demonizing Vick, who should be...
        Last edited by Bengal; 08-23-2007, 05:19 PM.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
        X