OS X support help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS X support help

I think we have a couple support guys here. I need some help. The problem is this; I am trying to install Creative suite 3 on an external firewire drive. The external drive has my home directory where I have been installing things. Other programs install just fine but Adobe installer starts up no problem. Once I click setup though, I get the beachball for a moment and then the installer quits. I searched the Adobe site and I can't find any help about this. Any tips are appreciated.
    Thanks!
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Best thing you can do is call Adobe for installation support. Installation woes I believe are free. The other thing that you can check is going to the Premiere Pro Mac forum on the Adobe site and post your question there. Usually there is a good amount of users that can help you out. BTW, that is an "end to end user forum" so don't expect official adobe support through that site.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

What version of OS X? For example, one past OS X problem (with Tiger 10.4) is that if the volume name it is being installed to is set to case sensitive, the Creative Suite installer will fail. There are other problems too, such as if you are upgrading from a pre-release version (needs a cleanup patch).

More info is needed when you ask for any tech help. OS version info is essential for a fast answer (if one is available!). I am no OS X expert (by far), but I am familiar with it due to my 'nix classes in school, and I have several friends who are Mac users/lovers/fanatics that I have helped out in the past.

I keep telling myself to get a Mac just to further my education on it but life keeps me hopping as it is right now...lol

The advice to visit/join Adobe and Mac user forums is an excellent one. Same with the free Adobe help. On my NLE system, Adobe was giving me problems launching once it was installed. Turned out that the problem was one with the Matrox hardware I was using. The solution was to change the name of the executable and make a new shortcut to it. Strange, but I have run into even stranger stuff in the wild world of computing. Joining user groups makes it more likely for you to have someone who knows the answer to your problem see your question and pop the answer to you in a heartbeat. Guitar forums are not the best place for computer tech support...lol!

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I ended up working around it.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
        X