eBay issue... am I wrong here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay issue... am I wrong here?

Ok, I bought these stylus' for my xv6600: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:RTQ:US:11

They get here today, and theyre totally the wrong ones. Not even close to the ones for the phone, I think the ones they sent me are for a Cleo. So I email them and get a quick response asking whats wrong... I reply explaining it to them, and get this: "There must have been a mix up. Attached is an RMEA form. Please fill it out and return it with the item."

Ok, no problem. I reply once more asking how Ill get a refund on return shipping. They respond "The shipping and handling can not be refunded. Sorry for the inconvience."

My response to that was: "So because your company admittedly made an error, I have to PAY to send the item back to get the correct one I originally purchased and completely paid for? Im sorry but that is unacceptable. I held up my part of the buyer agreement, I sent immediate payment and paid for shipping for the merchandise listed. That merchandise delivered was not as advertised. As far as eBay, PayPal, and my self is concerned, the transaction is complete on my end.

Up until this point, this has been a very pleasant transaction with super fast shipping and very responsive communication. I would hate to leave negative feedback and file a claim with PayPal, but if this situation is not properly rectified, I will be forced to do so."

Am I wrong here? I totally dont think I am. Now yeah, I know its a low $$$ sale, but thats not the point at all. I paid for an item, they sent the wrong one, and now I have to put out more money to get the right one? I dont think so. Im awaiting their response now... well see what they say, Im keeping it very professional either way and will follow the proper procedures.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

I'd be upset too, but it is eBay and not an actual standalone company. Plus, throwing the syluses in a padded envelope and sending them first-class would be pretty cheap.

Of course the principle of it all...do what you want to.
    Scott

Comment

No, it wouldnt be expensive... thats exactly what they did, and it cost me $6.99. Theres no way in hell Im paying even more shipping for these pieces of crap... they screwed up, make it right or youre getting negged. Period.

Take for example, that DK2 I sold on eBay to a guy in Italy... a tuner somehow or another got damaged in shipping. Well usually I dont cover anything broken in shipping, thats what insurance is for. But Im trying to find another one for him. If not, then Im going to send him some money back... its just good customer service IMO.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think you're totally in the right. I neg like a madman when people f-up and refuse to do the right thing.

Comment

Oh here we go again, I ordered a battery at the same time from a different seller... of course the battery doesent work, it wasnt made right... its putting voltage to the wrong terminals.

Cant wait to see how this one pans out.

Comment

$4.49? Just write that off.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

If you have the original envelope and it is via USPS, you can write "Return to Sender" on it and they have to pay the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                If you have the original envelope and it is via USPS, you can write "Return to Sender" on it and they have to pay the shipping.
                Is that possible when the envelope/package has been opened? Will the postal service accept it after it's re-sealed?

My memory's fuzzy... I remember doing the "Return To Sender" thing only once but I don't recall whether I opened/re-sealed the package or if I didn't open it at all.

Comment

Working...
                X