Be glad you don't live in a drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be glad you don't live in a drought

The fuckers are washing the driveway and street again. Georgia and the Southeast are drying up. Motherfucking assholes.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Nevada and Arizona and the whole Southwest is right there. These people are just so fucking stupid. God, if they could only speak english I could explain it.

Comment

Fett, you need to let it go, bro. If there was a need for restrictions in your area, there would be a law in place that these idiots would be guilty of breaking, but there's not. Water issues are regional, and you live in a temperate rain forest. Seattle has two huge reservoirs. Millions, if not billions of gallons of fresh water are allowed to go to the sea rather than be stored in them. Mt. Rainier will blow and wipe you all out before there is a water crisis there. Hope that makes you feel a little better!

Comment

I can't. I lived through a drought. But, that was in the "70's. Water restrictions and the whole works. They had to build a water pipeline over the bridge that got East Bay water to Marin County. One of the weathiest counties in the nation. But, this is different. These people have a total disreguard for how lucky we are in the Northwest for now.
        Last edited by fett; 08-24-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I know, but say for example it was feasible to pipe some of Seattle's excess down to Vegas. You know what they'd do? Double their population (again), plant grass in every yard, and water it around the clock. People are idiots, that's a given. At least your neighbors aren't running around with guns. You've got livin' (and hopefully some luvin') to do.

Comment

Welcome to sunny south carolina...
            Yup, we are definitely in a drought.
            And 15+ 100 degree days in a row.
            And I work in a steel mill. Ambient temps are
            a good 10-20 degrees higher in the shop(s).

So what?

I spent a few years in Phoenix...you get used to it.

Besides, the pool is full, the a/c all works, sunshades are cheap,
            and I hate the cold.

Lighten up! It's all good!

Comment

No wai!! Water shortage in a desert?!

Fett, I was in the valley during that draught. Everyones lawns were brown because if they watered them, they would get fined =)

It sucked when they started piping water from the northern california lakes to feed the south. Turn Folsum lake into a puddle in no item. Fuck'n L.A. destroyed my family vacation so that they could continue living a northern california existance in a desert. Sucks when something as simple as water becomes a problem.

/whinefest

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post

And I work in a steel mill.

As NextInLine would say:

THAT'S SO METAL!!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Come get some of our water. The 2 rivers by me are almost at flood state. another foot and my work will be flooding. Anyone near the Des Plaines and Fox rivers are fucked. at least we have power again.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    As NextInLine would say:

THAT'S SO METAL!!
                    Yeah, funny how life works out...Judas Preist and Sabbath came from a steel town.

Back on topic...
                    Why don't they just process more ocean water? Too expensive? Or do they?

Comment

I believe it is getting cheaper, but there's also the environmental impact from having the byproduct dumped back into the ocean to consider.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, funny how life works out...Judas Preist and Sabbath came from a steel town.

And Def Leppard and Saxon.

Do you get sweat pints working in foundries still? That was the one and only reason I wanted to work in one! Luckily I found easier ways to combine work and alcohol!!

Fett, please don't go postal on them, this board would probably get the blame.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

Do you get sweat pints working in foundries still? That was the one and only reason I wanted to work in one! Luckily I found easier ways to combine work and alcohol!!

Fett, please don't go postal on them, this board would probably get the blame.
                          We still have some old timers around that said it was so hot,dusty, and generally nasty in the steelmaking shop that drinking and sleeping on the job were common.

Now not only is there piss testing, but breathylizer as well. We are the safest steel mill in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            Y'know, I have a bunch of Saxon LP's, never listened to them.

Comment

We are the safest steel mill in the US.
                              And the most boring. Nothing like some booze related japes to liven up a day at work.

Anyway, I am officially striking you off my list, how dare you not listen to the mighty SAXON? Listen to them, soak up the awesomeness, then come back and tell me how foolish you have been and we shall be friends.

Saxon rock!
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X