Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggy Avatar

I figured out how to do the avatar.
    That's our mid sized german shephard mix (90%)
    She's one of the prettiest sheps I've ever seen.
    Just smart enough to be a dope, though...
    "Where's the doggy?"...chases herself around....
    Can't get her to drop after fetching for anything, though.

She's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
      She's cute.
      Yeah, problem is, she knows it.

She's 5 years old, got her at the kennel, fixed.
      I wish we could have bred her.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        She's cute.
        +1. She'll drop whatever it is you throw eventually when she learns that the game won't continue unless she gives it up.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
          +1. She'll drop whatever it is you throw eventually when she learns that the game won't continue unless she gives it up.
          Oh, yeah...she knows that one too...she comes back, I tell her to
          sit, drop, lay down, she grips. Wants to tug of war. So, trying again, I take it, toss, she gets it, drops it right where she picked it up, and gives a look that says "there, I won"...

In other words, she wants it to end on her terms. So I chase her,
          get the groundhog, and hang it in a tree where she can only look at it.

There, pup, I won.

It's a complex relationship, to say the least.

Comment

Dog are great...but the downfall is what I got going on right now.

I have a Boxer that is 13-14 years old an if you know anything about Boxers is that he is about 5 years older then he should be.With that said he has been sick for 3 days now and I think you and I can see whats going to happen in a day or so.
            I can live without a pet but the gf an kids are upset which means I'm gonna have a puppy shitting and pissing in my house in the next few weeks.

Comment

Get like a 2 year old doggie...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Get like a 2 year old doggie...
                risky prop in my opinion...especially with a family. Our beloved
                shep fits in with two preteen boys, three cats, one of which is siamese, the bossiest breed ever, and two masters (my wife is the #1). She would have
                been a bit lost if we hadn't got her very young, the siamese put her in her place quick, etc.

2 year olds are great for singles or just a couple.

Dogs are pack animals, they have to learn their way in the pack.

Comment

If your gonna have a bigger sized dog you need to get them young.I've had three Boxers and the one I raised from a pup was by far the best one and the brother of the one I got that is getting ready to die.I miss him.Not so much the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by standing8count View Post
                    If your gonna have a bigger sized dog you need to get them young.I've had three Boxers and the one I raised from a pup was by far the best one and the brother of the one I got that is getting ready to die.I miss him.Not so much the other one.
                    Sorry to hear it, 8, It's a tough thing that an animal as great as the dogs we love don't get much time. Dang cats are alloted twice as much. My old siamese just turned twenty, bitchy and bossy as ever, but the most dog-like cat I've ever known. She even plays fetch better than the dog. She drops!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                      Alright...I saw what I was doing. Threw her groundhog, she brought it back. fine. she wanted tug of war. I turned away. I did this several times yesterday and today.
                      Just now,
                      Guess what...she brought me the groundhog, I just looked at her. She dropped it. I picked it up and tossed it. She got it, came back, SAT DOWN, and dropped it, and waited for me. Dang dog's smarter than me...I swear!

Comment

Working...
                      X