Beethoven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beethoven?

My dad got me the complete symphonies for my birthday this past year and I must say, Ludwig knew what he was doing!

Any other fans here? My favorite at the moment is Symphony 7, particularly movement 2.
    Scott

I've got all of his works. I'm a "classical" music nut. Right now I'm in a Mahler fanboy mode.

My favorite Beethoven part is still, and will forever be, the awesome scherzo in 7/8 in the 2nd movement of the 4th movement of his 9th symphony. The instrumental evolvement is to die for.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i love beetoven im in a rachmaiov kind of mood at the moment ...
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Classical music kicks major and sometimes minor butt. Riddle me this. Steinway. I listen to classical music a lot while lying in bed around 1AM. Why the f-key do they play those whopper piano gigs at that time? I just don't understand.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I love Beetoven as well. Classical music is where its at for me I love Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Paganinni, Chopin etc etc. Its where all my stuff comes from. I'm a free form concerto type of player at least thats what realm I try to create anyway I love violin and cello stuff the best
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Why is it that all these new guys can't do what they did way back when? I'm tired of listening to "Blasts from the Past." I'm a big Copland fan. And other recent composers. But, wouldn't it be cool to have some guy write new stuff like the old stuff?
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I haven't listened to any modern "classical" music that has really kept my interest besides some film scores. You just can't beat Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart

Comment

I find impressionism and modern minimalism to be a lot more interesting than the classic era stuff... wich was great off course
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  I find impressionism and modern minimalism to be a lot more interesting than the classic era stuff... wich was great off course
                  Impressionism, yes, very vivid array of instrument and tones being used. Not a fan of minimalism at all, in any art form.

You still can't beat "the classics", imho.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Beethoven's dad must have been mental, fancy naming your son after a drum-kit!
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      I can dig the Debussy.
                      Scott

Comment

as far as I'm concerned Debussy is the shit.... he beats everyone with a huge stick
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I just recently got Carmina Burana composed by Carl Orff. I believe that was composed in the 60's. Seems like pretty good stuff...and somewhat "modern".

Comment

Working...
                          X