X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most obese states in the US

Find out where your state stands:

BTW I am obese
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Looks like the BBQ belt is taking the biggest hit. Cleveland is bad. They are the biggest consumers of Pizza (per a news report) and Ice Cream I've seen. I toss out 15 pizza flyers per week. When I stay in the corporate appartment, it's all fish and salads.

BTW, I lost 25 lbs the hard way (my car accident). I don't recommend doing that for weight loss LOL! I think it was a lot of muscle as well, from laying in bed for over a month.

I'm in Sweden now, and doing as the Swede's do (Not Yngwie LOL!). Lots of fish - cured salmon for dinner, for breakfast....my problem is i just don't know when to stop, especially with buffets....

Comment

The BBQ belt, I love that. :ROTF: I like most of the rest of Texas am battleing the bulge. Fish is a good choice. I am trying to add more fish to my diet and lose some of the red meat. I really like grilled tilapia, very fast and easy.

Comment

Hmm...20-24% in PA...yeah 1 in 5 sounds about right for obese people. Of course if you include overweight in there it's more like 9 in 10.
        Scott

Comment

Iowa is 20-24%. Seems low to me after going out and walking around here for a while...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Holy shit, 25% of actually OBESE people?! I never realized the problem was THAT big (no pun intended). That's just not healthy.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'm originally from Alabama (now living in Tennessee) and it makes sense to me that the Southeast is the worst. They love their fried, greasy foods here.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The thing you have to remember, too, is that these are via phone interviews. The majority of people I know lie through their teeth about their weight / size! Plenty of people that are huge deny it!

Comment

My Sis lives in Boulder,Co. I dont ever think I have seen a "fat" or obese person since ive been visiting her for what. . like 7 yrs now. Everywhere you walk is a hill.
                  Plus 99% eat healthy (organic this and that,sprouts,soy bla bla bla)
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Bill is obeast.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have had the privilege of traveling throughout this great nation. One corner to next and a few turns around.
                      In my observations I have never, ever seen some many fat women as a percentange of total women observed as I have seen in Winsconsin.
                      Bar none, the heaviest State in the nation. I am surprised we have not tipped over into Canada.
                      A close second comes in Alabama with a bunch of hoochie mamas.
                      A rapidly moving third would be my homestate of FL.

The fittest AZ & CA.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I don't have to click the link to know that we're #1 here in Mississippi for obesity, and I'm one of 'em!

We love our food down here, and yeah it's mostly greasy and fried. I am on a lentils and brown rice kick this week though. Who knows how long I can take it, but I feel a little better after a week with little meat...
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Comment

If they would raise the threshold for what is considered obese, then we would all be healthier.

Comment

I agree with Denis Leary.... I'm not fat because I want to see my own dick
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X