Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed - Guitar damaged in shipping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a letter from UPS that he refused to let them see the guitar. I doubt he will win a paypal dispute if he won't let anyone see the guitar. I smell Bullshit all the way.

Comment

I smell BS too.
      PayPal will deny his refund request if he won't let the insurer (UPS) inspect the guitar.
      And since he filed a claim, you know he go the guitar.
      -Rick

Comment

Yeah, Paypal should side with you since he did not allow the inspection. I had a seller try to reverse a claim on a laptop 6 months after I shipped it. I sent paypal the tracking number and they immediately closed the case. As long as your have proof then you should be too worried.

I will tell you to, if you haven't already done so, pull the money out in case Paypal tries to freeze your account. In my case they froze a negative amount in my account, since it was empty, while they researched the case. I couldn't send or receive money without transferring enough funds the cover the frozen amount.
        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          Sounds like someone excitedly ripped all the packaging off their new guitar, got into a frenzy by the time he had removed yet another layer of serious packaging........whoops <clang> Oh dear, better blame the sender!

Why would he not let them in to inspect the damage, it's in his best interest, might help speed his refund up? Possibly because he knows they will take one look and tell him to fuck off. Any normal person would be pleased to let others deal with it, wash their hands of it and get their $1200 back.
          Did he send you pics of the damage? Internet problems, my arse, he's trying to pull a fast one, tell him to kiss your sweaty nutsac.
          I agree, if he won't let them see it there's something wrong there...some people try to pull fast one's when they're not happy with a guitar, so they cook up stories about damage, but when you call them on it and make them take ownership, they claim you're being unreasonable...i'd tell him to do things properly if there truly is a problem, otherwise pack sand.

Comment

Ok, finally talked to them. Things are all worked out. Thank you guys.

Comment

Cool so what happened? How was it resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by aldog1330 View Post
                Two things learned -
                1) never buy another coffin case again, even if the guitar fits in it fine.
                2) never trust any buyer, regardless of how good their feedback is.
                Huh, you forgot don't use UPS
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X