I could not walk yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could not walk yesterday

For all those that are annoyed don't read this.:ROTF: I have a "Trick Knee". I think it's an ACL tear. Yesterday, it moved and flared up to the point where walking was out of the question for more than a few paces. And the pain was killer. Today, it's OK. This sucks bigtime. The last time this happened, I was out for a year. And no, I am not going under the knife. I have a brace but my ballet days are over. Don't get old whatever you do.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

More time for poker Fett!!

Comment

Nope. Just happy as hell that I can walk today.

Comment

Sounds like gout or an infection to me; dad went through the same thing, and said it felt like someone was wacking his knee with a hammer every time he got up.

Comment

Sounds like gout
          Don't you get that from eating too much meat or it at least makes it alot worse?

Comment

It's a loose lig. I have no insurance. So, it would cost me thousands of dollars to get it "Fixed". I massage my knee and take it easy when it slips out. Today, no swelling and no pain. Tomorrow? Gout, it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              Don't you get that from eating too much meat or it at least makes it alot worse?
              Eating lots of meats, chocolate, caffeinated beverages, and beer can contribute greatly the build up of uric acid which causes it.

Comment

Yes. I know. But when you can put your finger on the exact place and feel the exact swelling and pain, it's not to hard to figure out where the problem is. I do all that the things that should give me gout. I have even had a minor stroke. This is a knee thing.
                Last edited by fett; 08-27-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

fett: Have your ever tried those icy/hot knee braces (the commercial that Shaq's in) they may be the ticket for days like yesterday.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Nope. And I flat ass refuse to take any OTC anti-infamms. Those suckers will kill me. This just a getting "Old" thing. All the rest of my joints work fine. For now.

Comment

Yea, and at some point, you'll blow out a hip or start having low back pains from favoring the bad knee. Go stand in line with the illegals aliens and get some health care. Just tell them you're a fucking viking and that should get you right in the door.
                      "POOP"

Comment

When it really hurts try placing an old cold rotten steak on it tomtake the inflamation out.

Seriously, if massaging it works for you I guess it is ok. I've had bad knees for years and anti-inflamatory meds with ice packs helped me a bunch. No Icy-Hot or Bengay crap ever helped me.
                        Rubbing action draws blood into the area thereby agravating the inflamation.
                        Stay off it, some cold packs and see a Doc for an easy on the stomach anti-inflamatory.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hey, fett, stuff comes and goes. I blew out my arm (elbow) screwing around with a compound bow someone put out for trash. I thought, yeah, I used to do this back when I was in high school...Set up a target,tossed about twenty shots and the next day, I couldn't hardly use my right arm. Too hardheaded about my own screwup, I laid off it for a year, now it's fine. Damn bow was traded in a guitar deal. If I want to hit something, I'll use a firearm, anyways.

BTW, I have no life, looking at the posting numbers, how is it that there are
                          8,000 something users, and over 4,000 have never posted?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope you get to feeling better.

Well at least UPS delivers.
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                              More time for poker Fett!!
                              Dude, I don't want to visualize you poking fett! :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X