No announcement yet.

Bose PC speakers pissing me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I had reservations about buying them just because I am not normally a Bose fan. But in this case, they fit the bill for me fine.

I generally do not think Bose products sound horrible, but you can typically either get better sound for the same money, or the same sound for less money.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Try logitech. I've got a set I bought cheap (with sub though) that can handle an insane amount of low end.

Comment

No offense to anyone here, but my opinion of Bose is that they appeal to the "less-than-audiophile" audience. They tend to give lots of "boom and sizzle" rather than a solid full sound. Most people hear the boom and sizzle and think it's great, and it does get a wow-effect upon first listen. The problem with speakers like that is that they're very fatiguing over time. If you invite your friends over for a demo of your new speakers and put on a 5 minute song, they'll no doubt want to get a set of their own. After listening to a whole album though, they'll be ready to go home but won't know why.

Again this is all my opinion based on my own experiences with various speakers/amps in the (music) stereo world.

This is also getting away from the original post and just focusing on Bose, so ignore this if you must
        Scott

Comment

Any small speaker regardless of all the intestines that Bose puts in their little radios and such will not produce real sound. All small speakers suck buy definition. You need the big cones to be bass. The bigger the cab with big fucking speakers is the way to go.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have a set of Logitech speakers with a sub for my computer... got at Comp USA for under $100, and they sound phenominal. For the price, you just cant beat them.

As far as Bose goes... its more about size than sound. My uncle and a guy we work for both have the Wave Radios. Now, for their size, they sound good. But thats just it... for their size. For the price, no way in hell.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It has a sub, but the Klipsch 2.1 setup is great. I have it and highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
              X