Rob Zombie's Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

Just saw this. Exactly what I had expected actually. Was it great um no. Was it pretty good yeah. It dragged a touch and it had no tension in it but it was Bloody and Brutal and very much Rob Zombie. Devils Rejects was better but the opening scen and the end were great. The clown mask was freaky and the pool scene was good. Plot and what Rob did with Meyers kinda blew he did a bad job at developing Meyers and should have just avoided it (his point was not to develop him at all but he takes it like he is going to) Cinematography and dialouge was good.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Well the only reason I want to see the movie.. is because I heard that Sheri Moon shows her titties .. I think she is smoking... BTW I loved House of 1000 Corpses better than Devil Rejects.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

There are actually a few titties in this movie, including the girl's who played Mike Myers niece in Halloween III.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Michael Myers wasn't in Halloween 3, you're thinking of 4 & 5 for the story with his niece......I knew it was just a matter of time before they butchered Halloween too, and here I was hoping they were going to make another one for the 30th anniv. of the original in '08.......not remake the original....... sigh..........is nothing sacred?..............
        I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
          I knew it was just a matter of time before they butchered Halloween too, and here I was hoping they were going to make another one for the 30th anniv. of the original in '08.......not remake the original....... sigh..........is nothing sacred?..............
          He didn't butcher it. Rob was given the okay to give it a new twist... so the first half of the movie is a prequel. And John Carpenter had nothing to do with this movie at all, which I was kind of surprised at.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry...I guess I'm kinda biased, the original is my favorite movie......
            There seems to be a rash of Carpenter remakes the last few years that didn't involve him...The Fog, Assault on Precinct 13, and now Halloween......
            I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

There seems to be a rash of Carpenter remakes the last few years that didn't involve him...The Fog, Assault on Precinct 13, and now Halloween......
              Halloween is my favorite horror movie as well. So I went into this with some doubts. But Zombies first 2 movies were pretty good so I gave him some slack. BTW, I like House better than Rejects too...

The movie was decent. I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Zombie did some cool shit with this movie. Bloodier than the original, but that wouldn't be hard. But he stuck with the principals that made the first one a classic. Put some twists on some stuff, which was cool. And managed to make a movie that doesn't step all over the original but remains honest to it. That couldn't have been an easy task...

The mask was good. I think with these movies, they live and die by the mask. This one looked like the original. Unlike Halloween 4, that mask sucked balls...

Gotta love that the first "real" song you hear is "God Of Thunder" by KISS...

From what I've read, Carpenter was over this movie after he made the original. He was almost dupped into directing the second but just wrote it with Debra Hill. He produced the third one. After that, he was done. He was going to direct H2O but something happened and it was a no go. I've read him say stuff like, "I directed the movie once, why would I want to do it again". So it doesn't surprise me that he is hands off with these remakes...
              Last edited by Bengal; 09-01-2007, 04:23 PM.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I really dug the original as well, but I enjoyed this remake a lot. My roomate is a huge fan of all the Halloween movies, but she hated how Rob Zombie did it. Oh well... different strokes, I guess.

I've never seen Precinct 13, but I did like The Fog remake almost as much as the original.

Also, I thought House of 1000 Corpses was better than The Devil's Rejects, had more of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre feel to it, but I thought both were very good. I was surprised a lot of the cast from those movies made it into Halloween, and Danielle Harris being in it was pretty interesting as well.

Comment

Seeing it tomorrow. I'm stoked. Devil's Rejects is one of my favorite all-time movies!

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the original like everyone here, and I thought the new one was a pretty good job. I personally didn't like the beginning because it was overly violent and gross, but the rest was cool. I guess it was just to show how fucked up he was as a kid. However, I didn't like the way he decided the family had to be a majorly dysfunctional family of rednecks like every movie he does. Just my two cents.
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

ugh. just the mention of halloween 3 gets that "hidey ho it's halloween" song stuck in my head. dammit. i'm never gonna fall asleep now.
                      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
                        I'm a huge fan of the original like everyone here, and I thought the new one was a pretty good job. I personally didn't like the beginning because it was overly violent and gross, but the rest was cool. I guess it was just to show how fucked up he was as a kid. However, I didn't like the way he decided the family had to be a majorly dysfunctional family of rednecks like every movie he does. Just my two cents.
                        I could have done without his family being disfunctional as well. There was something more menacing about Michael coming from a normal family. Made it more scary. Painting Michaels family like he did almost makes you feel sorry for him. His family plus the bullys at school. Zombie tries to make him a sympathetic character. That is quite obvious when you watch the home movies that play under the end credits. Look how cute and sweet Michael was. I could have done without that...

But at least he used the original theme music. I remember there was a time when he wasn't. He said he wasn't in an interview and was flooded with hate mail about it. So he changed his mind...

And I don't know about anyone else but I could stare at Sherri Moon Zombie all day long...

"Eight more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Eight more days to Halloween. Silver Shamrock"... Couldn't resist...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
                          It was a little shocking seeing what he could do as a 10-year-old kid, and I wished they had gone back to when he was a little younger and developed him more, but I guess Rob pretty much got to the point of how his family and school life was and how it fucked him up. I don't think the movie was really any more violent than any of the other Halloween movies, though.

Comment

Get ready in 2009 for the remakes of

The Thing and Escape from New York. Two of my favorite movies when I was younger. The Thing freaked me out when it came out, it was so over the top in the gore effects. Escape from New York I though was just badass. Hope they do them justice.
                            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              I could have done without his family being disfunctional as well. There was something more menacing about Michael coming from a normal family. Made it more scary. Painting Michaels family like he did almost makes you feel sorry for him. His family plus the bullys at school. Zombie tries to make him a sympathetic character. That is quite obvious when you watch the home movies that play under the end credits. Look how cute and sweet Michael was. I could have done without that...

But at least he used the original theme music. I remember there was a time when he wasn't. He said he wasn't in an interview and was flooded with hate mail about it. So he changed his mind...

And I don't know about anyone else but I could stare at Sherri Moon Zombie all day long...

"Eight more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Eight more days to Halloween. Silver Shamrock"... Couldn't resist...
                              Rob didn't make him a sympathetic character at all actually. He toyed with it and he should have been one way or the other. He aluded to some sympathies but ultimately showed that he was heartless. The killing of Danny Trejo summed that up
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X