No announcement yet.

Damn Earthquake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been through a couple small ones. The biggest was a 5.x but the epicenter was pretty far away so all it did was rattle the furniture and knock over a small wall. It tore up a road at the center.

Strangest feeling in the world when you're shaking with everything else.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      I've been through a couple small ones. The biggest was a 5.x but the epicenter was pretty far away so all it did was rattle the furniture and knock over a small wall. It tore up a road at the center.

Strangest feeling in the world when you're shaking with everything else.
      That's what I'm talking about. You can't do anything about it.

No warning it just starts, you don't know how bad it's gonna be and there is no place to get away from it. Go upstairs it shakes, go to the basement/outside it shakes.

At least every other natural disaster, you have some warning(I am including Volcanic explosions with Earthquakes ).

Tornado-you know the weather is getting shitty and it can happen within a few hours
      Hurricane- For Christs sake you know a week ahead that it's coming

See all other natural events, you have some warning time from hours to days.

Earthquake no warning BOOM it's on baby.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I swear something big is about to happen. If you look at the Ring of Fire, there has been tones of activity lately.

Comment

VinceV.How long have you lived in Calif? I grew up there, in the Bay Area. We just didn't bother to think about quakes. Years ago, I took my son, he was 5 or 6, to a museum that had a great audio-visual-physical demo on EQs. We stood on a platform and watched the destruction and the noise as the floor shook at different magnitudes. It scared my kid shitless.:ROTF: Fast forward to the Loma Preita (sp) quake in '89?. I'm on my couch waiting for the Giants-A's W Series game to start. It rattled my house in Marin pretty good. About 5 minutes after the quake was over, my son came in from riding his bike. I said; "Did you feel that? ". He said; "Feel what." :ROTF: My son is still in Marin and I am in Wash State. We just live with the knowledge that there will be a Whopper. And don't even live in LA.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I've lived here for around 12 years now, so I have a few rumbles under my belt. I wasn't here for the Northridge, but years ago there a a large 7+ in the desert between here and Vegas, that shook our place real good one night.

It is weird in the sense that I felt the 2nd one, but no one else in my family did. I was leaning against a cabinet in the kitchen reading a mag when I felt it but everyone else who "busy" didn't feel it.

Yeah not only are you gonna get a big one, but you also get the joy of a pyroclastic flow.

I actually know people back home who won't come out here because they are afraid of earthquakes. I always thought that was odd.
            Last edited by VinceV; 09-04-2007, 03:26 PM.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I went from "Slip faults" to "Thrust faults" Seattle is doomed. Some ??????????????????????? day
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

i like earthquakes.

Comment

Working...
                X