Kick ball, tag. My ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick ball, tag. My ass

Thanks jacksoncsplayer. This needs a new thread. So they are banning "Tag". And kick ball is too risky. Anyone hear of "War Ball"? :ROTF: When I was in highschool in the '60's and we couldn't go outside for PE (everyday) in the rain. So they put us in the gym with the bleachers in the wall and we took each side. The object of the game was to "Nail" the other side with volleyballs. (I think). :ROTF: These kids and the adults that raise them now are 99.9% pussies.
    Last edited by fett; 09-04-2007, 06:13 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

We used to play "Smear the queer" and "wallball" in gym, WTF? Pansy ass kids today.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

We called it "Kill Ball" and it fuckin' ruled. No way that would fly today. I think out of 30 or so kids, one or two might have ended up crying a little on a really brutal day. Nowadays, more than half would completely lose it, their parents would sue (many of whom used to play the fucking game themselves), and it would be all over the news.

Comment

we used to go out and steal peoples' berries and fruits in their backyards durning the gym class
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Are "warball" and "killball" ancient versions of dodgeball?
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

No. War Ball had the confined space. It was the width of the basketball court. There was no place to run away.:ROTF:

Comment

Wow. Im just glad that when I was in grade school, only a few short years ago since I'm only a senior in high school, we were allowed to play a game we called "Peg" basically we put the kids we didnt like against a wall and we would throw a tennis ball as hard as we could at him. while he ran back and forth trying not to get pegged Good times. But schools are definately pussified with games and protecting kids nowadays. Whats next playing tic-tac-toe with football gear on? Checkers with a bullet proof vest on just in case a game piece becomes a lethal projectile??

Comment

Our "War Ball" was a school approved indoor activity for PE.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I can guarantee you that no parent gave a flying fuck what the schools did way back when. And that was a very good thing.
                Last edited by fett; 09-04-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Killball was played in the gym on rainy days. I forget how many balls were in play, but it was at least 10. It was basically a variation on Dodgeball with no boundaries, & you didn't have to stay on your side of the center line, so there were plenty of point blank shots. You were supposed to avoid the head, and iirc you were supposed to be out if you nailed somebody in the head, but usually it just ended up that the victim got to keep playing unless it was a body shot. If you caught the ball, the thrower was out. If the game ended up with one survivor from each side going at it, it was pretty sweet, but usually it was at least 2 on 1 and a massacre at the end.

And like Fett's game, it was an official school game that the PE teacher (female, btw) had us play. We used to scream for her to let us play it if it was raining.
                  Last edited by dg; 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Exactly.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      We called it "Kill Ball" and it fuckin' ruled. No way that would fly today. I think out of 30 or so kids, one or two might have ended up crying a little on a really brutal day. Nowadays, more than half would completely lose it, their parents would sue (many of whom used to play the fucking game themselves), and it would be all over the news.
                      Man, I loved that. I used to blow kids up. Then again, we were also into throwing m80s and blowing up mailboxes, drinking pony beers at the age of 11, smoking weed.

Come to think of it, hmmm, I'm more like the parents you describe above, LOL. It was ok for me, but man I think my kids should pass on their Dad's type of childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Our "War Ball" was a school approved indoor activity for PE.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I can guarantee you that no parent gave a flying fuck what the schools did way back when. And that was a very good thing.
                        It's true. And that's why when the teacher pulled me off my feet by the ear in second grade, she destroyed my hearing. Now, I can't even remember what i did wrong, but many years later I had an operation to fix it. They took a patch of flesh from behind my ear and grafted it to my collapsed and punctured ear drum. It took six months for it to heal. Well, one day I was driving through the Berkshires in Western Mass., and I heard a big "POOOF" in my head. I knew right away what it was. My ear blew out because of the elevation. I was in the car with my new girlfriend at the time, and I screamed the teacher's name out in anger and called her a motherfucker, LOL. The reason I mention this is because for many years I had tried to remember her name and couldn't. I had blocked it all out.

Suddenly it came to me.

Comment

We used to play dodge ball, kill ball, smear the queer, all that shit in PE.
                          It was great!
                          The girls would play too!

Todays kids are fucking pussies. Gotta go home and cry to momma cause they got their ass handed to them.
                          -Rick

Comment

Why? A good multi-in person agressive game like War Ball made me a better person.:ROTF: We didn't play with girls in the '60's.
                            Last edited by fett; 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              We used to play dodge ball, kill ball, smear the queer, all that shit in PE.
                              It was great!
                              The girls would play too!

Todays kids are fucking pussies. Gotta go home and cry to momma cause they got their ass handed to them.

Yep! We had these twins, Beth & Kathy, who lived down the street from me who were great at killball. Awesome athletes & great looking girls, too. Beth would win a lot of times, because she could catch that ball even if it was coming hard from close range. She ended up getting a full ride somewhere for softball or field hockey, forget which.

Comment

Working...
                              X