Kick ball, tag. My ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
    This is what we called "Smear the Queer", I guess that's the name it was called out West.. Which is a game we would play in PE.

And yes YOU FOUGHT TO BE THE QUEER:ROTF:
    YES!!!

Man, those nuns were INSANE..The nuns used to beat me like a Hitler pinada at a barmitzvah..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We called it "Murderball". (Now there's a good album/movie title...) There was also "Pirates" with was a mad scrap using all of the climbing frames, in which you were "out" if you touched the floor. And the legendary "British Bulldog", which was just pretty much a fight involving the whole class.
      I was a fat and useless kid, so I usually got my ass kicked, but we never went whining about it. It was called "Taking your knocks" and was instrumental in the development of a backbone.

Comment

Bombardment in Jersey as well. Red stinger balls & volleyballs both. The volleyballs curved, presumably due to the seams, if you hooked them up your arm and rolled them off so that they spun. Nothing better than seeing one of the clowns in the back hiding turn to talk to his friend and catch a curveball to the grill.

Good times. GREAT times.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
          We called it "Battleball" and it was wonderful............
          Yep, Battleball it was here too!

Coach would divide up the teams, then we went and laid down with our feet up on the first bleacher. Coach put the balls in the middle of the court, then blew the whistle and you had to jump up and run for the balls. So whoever got to the balls first, the ones who didn't make it were at point-blank range! And we used basketballs, not volleyballs - a little heavier and more painful!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Same games here in MD. We used play tackle football with no gear on at home. Now a days parents won't let their kids play organized football let alone pickup tackle games. We (the parents of today) are raising a whole generation of pussies.

Back to school night was last night for my 6 year old. He went dressed in his football gear so he could go to practice after we were done. I overheard multiple parents talking about how 6 was too young to play tackle football and it was too dangerous for someone that young. Blah, blah, blah. If the kid can handle it then why not. It is easier to say no it is too dangerous, than it is to get involved and make sure the kids are learning the games properly. These parents are probably the pussies from when we were growing up.
            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

because we want a world full of pussies who crumble into an emotional wreck when facing any form of adversity whatsoever!!!!!!!!

mantra for the next 20 years should be : GROW A PAIR
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                We called it "Murderball". (Now there's a good album/movie title...) There was also "Pirates" with was a mad scrap using all of the climbing frames, in which you were "out" if you touched the floor. And the legendary "British Bulldog", which was just pretty much a fight involving the whole class.
                I was a fat and useless kid, so I usually got my ass kicked, but we never went whining about it. It was called "Taking your knocks" and was instrumental in the development of a backbone.
                There is a movie called murderball. It's about playing rugby/basketball in a wheelchair.

Comment

You know this all evolved from China men high on Opium throwing severed heads at each other. :ROTF:
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I was in elementary in the late 80s/early 90s and they didn't let us do half this stuff. We always had to hide in the corners of the playground to play tackle football and I'd get caught all the time for snowball fights.

I can only imagine how bad its going to suck a few years down the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X