Dale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale

Anyone catch the documentary tonight? It just ended here. I'm not really a huge Nascar fan, but maaaaaaan what a great movie. He was a really good dude. Definitely an admirable person.

No. . I didnt.I hope my brother taped it.Thanx for the heads up.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Not a nascar guy here either, but that was a moving story of a true American Hero. What a loss. I saw the last 45 minutes of it.

Comment

My son is a huge Nascar fan, so I let him stay up late on a school night and watched it with him. I have to say it was well done. I'm not much of a Nascar fan, but it was a pretty moving story. I think there's an encore replay tomorrow night at 8. By the way, it was on CMT.

Comment

This isn't that one that came out on ESPN a couple years ago, is it?
          That was cheesy.
          I never got over him smacking cars out of the lead for the win, but respected him nonetheless, he didn't bullshit, like most of todays's drivers.
          I'm a fan of the sport, not over particular drivers. Some I don't like.
          If you ever get a chance to go see a race (Cup Series), don't pass it up.
          TV just can't describe this 190MPH ballet of raw power. These guys are athletes, in their own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            This isn't that one that came out on ESPN a couple years ago, is it?
            That was cheesy.
            I never got over him smacking cars out of the lead for the win, but respected him nonetheless, he didn't bullshit, like most of todays's drivers.
            I'm a fan of the sport, not over particular drivers. Some I don't like.
            If you ever get a chance to go see a race (Cup Series), don't pass it up.
            TV just can't describe this 190MPH ballet of raw power. These guys are athletes, in their own way.
            This is a new one. And to that I agree. And see them at say Dover. That is one of the best races of the year. Though nothing tops the time I saw the open wheel cars (IRL I believe it was) at Dover :ROTF:

Comment

Sorry, but I'm just not a fan of his. He was dirty in everything he did, especially driving.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

That's the American way.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                  This is a new one. And to that I agree. And see them at say Dover. That is one of the best races of the year. Though nothing tops the time I saw the open wheel cars (IRL I believe it was) at Dover :ROTF:
                  Yeah, I've always gone to Charlotte ("Lowe's Motor Speedway"), makes me happy as hell whenever Tony Stewart finishes ahead of Jimmy Johnson, which is rare at that track.

IRL would be nuts, I'd love to see it. They backed off after a nasty incident a few years back.

Montoya needs to go back to IRL. That series has gotten really hot lately.

And, yeah, I didn't like the #3 at all, I don't like the #24 or #48, either. But it's just not the same without him there. He was close to retirement, but I think him running the biz instead of Theresa would have rocked. I like Jr.,
                  and don't blame him for leaving DEI.

Comment

I watched it last night and I thought it was OK but nothing special. On a sidenote, I was skipping between this and "I Love the '70's". Everytime I clicked back to "Dale" they were pulling him out of a wrecked car. I missed the actual crash everytime.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Dale raced hard, but he also raced dirty. "Trading paint" is just part of the sport. All forms of racing, whether it be motocross, Formula 1, etc, has physical aspects to it. However, purposely trying to make someone wreck isn't racing. If you can't beat the other guy with speed and better driving ability, sit your punk ass on the porch. Dale was a punk.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Dale was a legend. He was a dirty racer too but he wasnt alone. Waltrip was just as bad and so were a few of the other old school racers. Thats the way they raced. He died because he was blocking for his son so he could win that race. He was done the same way he done everyone else. They bumped him to try to move him and he smashed into the wall because of it. Bumping to move someone seems to be the norm now. Tony Stewart does it alot then whines when he gets bumped. It part of racing.

Im more disappointed in his wife though. She will not let Dale Jr have the number 8. That was his grand fathers number. Shes bad for racing IMHO. It doesnt seem right to have dale earnhardt inc. without an earnhardt racing for them. Im glad Jr left her sorry team. That was so dumb. Hes the most popular driver and sells more merchandise than anyone else. It has got to be better financially to sacrifice some ownership of the team to have the most popular driver racing for you. SO what if he wanted 51 percent. 49 percent of the most popular driver has to be better than the whole deal without him.
                        Last edited by yard dawg; 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Dale was a legend. He was a dirty racer too but he wasnt alone. Waltrip was just as bad and so were a few of the other old school racers. Thats the way they raced. He died because he was blocking for his son so he could win that race. He was done the same way he done everyone else. They bumped him to try to move him and he smashed into the wall because of it. Bumping to move someone seems to be the norm now. Tony Stewart does it alot then whines when he gets bumped. It part of racing.
                          FYI, he was blocking for Michael Waltrip, who won the race.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                            FYI, he was blocking for Michael Waltrip, who won the race.
                            No he wasnt .. Waltrip was leading and His son Dale JR was second. He was blocking to give JR a chance to pass Waltrip. The wreck that killed him caused a caution and it was a 2 man race between JR and Waltrip which waltrip won. I saw the race live back then and have seen many replays of the crash. Dale Sr Died blocking for his son. Dale Jr was in the 8 bud car behind waltrip. I would have blocked for my son too.

Comment

Getting back to the movie, I think they showed alot Dale's racing style and there was a good amount of criticism (sp). It was a bad ending to a not-so-bad crash that killed him. He raced "old school" in a "new school" era. Think restrictor plates. The movie was not a critique on Dale's driving methods. It was a movie to make his fans remember what a great guy he was. Whether or not he really was.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X