Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a favor, could somebody photoshop me an albumcover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a favor, could somebody photoshop me an albumcover?

Hi,

Ok, here's the story. In the past year or so I've been working on my solo album. It's completely instrumental album with a focus on rock, classical, metal and guitar solos. I want to use this album as a promo/demo to pass around to friends, music fans in general and people who might be interested in having me in their band.

I have no knowledge and software at all to create a simple album (front and back) cover. So I'd like to ask if someone has some spare time and is bored to design a cover for me. I don't have paypal, so I can't send you any money, but if I'll go with a design i could send you the album for free if you're interested.

Some details:
    For the front:
    -The name of the album is "Visualise"
    -My name is "Barrie van Ginneken"

For the back:
    -The Tracklist is as follows:
    01. The Start of Forever
    02. World in a Grain of Sand
    03. Flight Beyond Reality
    04. Strong Like a Symphony
    05. Eternity in a Gentle Miracle
    06. Crossing the Desert (with Tears of Fire)
    07. Canon in D (Rock Version)
    08. Close Your Eyes ...And Visualise
    09. When Did You Stop Dreaming?
    10. Love’s Victory
    11. Emerald Sword (Rhapsody Cover)
    12. When it All Falls Apart (The Veronicas Cover)

I'd be very happy with anything you can come up with, go wild. And ofcourse I'll credit you and you can put your name on the cover too if you want.
    Please note, I did it all for fun, I'm not a great guitarist at all and I'm not trying to break trough and make it big

I do have an idea, I came across these pictures:
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/892...plesky2ki1.jpg
    http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4194/purplesky5ep2.jpg

If anybody could slap on the names and songtitles (and maybe add "Barrie van Ginneken - Visualise" sideways to the sides on the back cover like a on real CD) in a font that's easy to read I'd be beyond happy.

Thanks for listening!
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Where did you find the pics?
    You can't just grab anything you find on the web and put it on a album cover.
    Pesky thing called copyright law gets in the way.

If you can find "public domain" images to use, then it would be safe to put them on an album cover.
    -Rick

Comment

Yes I know, I checked and the pictures are ok to use. Thanks for the warning.

edit: Btw, I know the Canon in D thing is done to death, especially lately, but I couldn't resist haha.
      Last edited by AfterForever; 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Here's a low-res mock-up.
        The full size version has more detail, but my pic host won't let me upload it.

-Rick

Comment

I like that! Very nice.

Comment

Very nice job! I dig it. You need to change the bar code though. I scanned it and it comes up $89.99. That's probably a bit much for a demo.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The bar code is the date (today) listed above it. 09-05-07

Here's some links to the hi-res version.

Front Back
              Last edited by rjohnstone; 09-05-2007, 06:35 PM.
              -Rick

Comment

Ah! Very tricky!
                Now, I'm still curious about that tree........
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sweet Thanks a lot Rick, that will do just fine!

Comment

If you need the PSD (Photoshop file) or a PDF version of the file for a printer, let me know.
                    -Rick

Comment

You covered Emerald Sword??? Damn man, let me know when that demo comes out, I might wanna grab a copy
                      Gear:
                      none

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        If you need the PSD (Photoshop file) or a PDF version of the file for a printer, let me know.
                        Ok, I think this'll do just fine.

Originally posted by vultures View Post
                        You covered Emerald Sword??? Damn man, let me know when that demo comes out, I might wanna grab a copy
                        Don't expect much. It was the first thing I recorded to get familiar with the software. It's the song with the worst sound quality too, I'll have to see if I can polish it up a little.

Here it is --> http://onlinerock.com/musicians/barr...rald_sword.mp3

Be sure to turn it up

Comment

Working...
                        X