Presidential debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential debate

Just wondering if anyone caught the debate tonight and what your thoughts are.

No.
    I'm getting too fed up with politics.
    But I will always vote, it was bred into me as my civic duty.
    Besides, I was working.

Comment

No, I haven't watched any of the debates. I did listen to a Fred Thompson interview on NPR this morning. He isn't wild about the roadshows and neither am I. These yahoos, all 18 or so of them, are going to burn-out; fuck-up; go postal or just bore the voters to death.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

So Fett, how do you come to the conclusion on which clown to vote for? Do you study their past accomplishments or do you just "wing it" and hope for the best?
        "POOP"

Comment

I don't pay attention to campaigns until there's actually an election coming up. i.e. like September-October 2008.
          Scott

Comment

I didnt see it and usually don't get into them until closer to election dates. I can't stand politics. Eventually all politicians turn into greedy ass-hats and point fingers at the opposite party. Democrats and Republicans are all the same...one party blames the other party for fukkin up, ohter party gets their shot and fukk up and point fingers at opposite party...rinse repeat, rinse repeat, rinse repeat Never ending cycle if ya ask me
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

+1 It is a circus so clown is appropriate. This "Early Start" is going to wear out the runners and the voters. I have been watching campaigns since 1967 and I have never seen anything like this. I have a lot of time to figure out who I will vote for once all the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                +1 It is a circus so clown is appropriate. This "Early Start" is going to wear out the runners and the voters. I have been watching campaigns since 1967 and I have never seen anything like this. I have a lot of time to figure out who I will vote for once all the dust settles.
                IMHO, blame the drive by TV media. Gotta be first, etc. Today the blathering talking heads are stressing out that Thompson is getting in too late, etc.
                Fact is, he's trying to ignore the fox/cnn/msnbc garbage. The debates are pointless. Let the candidates ask each other questions, and give enough time for answers.

Comment

I just ate and sat exactly where Bush did at Slyman's in Cleveland..best corned beef in town..I took my mom there today. Since we were downtown.

I met him during the 2000 elections. The waitress we had waited on him..she said she forgot she's actually talkin' to the Prez, because he's such a "Regular Joe"..if you like him or not.

I met ALL the candidates running that year..all were cool except Gore, even his people didn't like him and Bradley..those guys were Uber-lame!

Lieberman wouldn't leave me alone..he talks like crazy..nice guy tho!

I saw them as they really were, behind the scenes..not phony "meet and greet" roles..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I pretty much feel the same way, I watched part of it and was not impressed with what I saw. Alot of bickering back and forth about what each one will do about Iraq, Taxes, Middle class, No class, etc.... Typical political bullshit.

MD
                    Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 09-06-2007, 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think Trey and Matt of South Park sum it up best!!!

Let's get out and vote! Let's make our voices heard. We've been given the right to choose, between a douche and a turd. It’s democracy in action! Put your freedom to the test. A big fat turd or a stupid douche, which do you like best?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Don't really follow US politics (we got our own problems here ), but who are the big candidates, and who's less bad than who?

Comment

This just in.. a special report from our president!http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ig5gPbKdJk

Comment

SlasZ.That's the point. This is the first open field in a long time. I pity the poor fool that has to clean up.

Comment

My favorite debate moment of all time!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=5z_huHmtd...related&search=

I was on the floor during this one..THIS is why I voted for W..he's HILARIOUS!!!:ROTF:

They're looping it..but that look is priceless!!:ROTF:
                              Last edited by horns666; 09-06-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X