No announcement yet.

Presidential debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Fred Thompson has made his run official, I know who I'll be voting for. Of course, no matter what I do, the best I can hope for is to cancel out my wife's vote for Hillary.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok in that case, Fett for president!

Comment

I live in Wash. St. We always drive Demos.:ROTF: There was an old Pop Eye cartoon where Olive Oyl sang the song; "If I Were President". Why did I remember that?
        Last edited by fett; 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I just ate and sat exactly where Bush did at Slyman's in Cleveland..best corned beef in town..I took my mom there today. Since we were downtown.

I met him during the 2000 elections. The waitress we had waited on him..she said she forgot she's actually talkin' to the Prez, because he's such a "Regular Joe"..if you like him or not.
          No way tom make this much shorter, but this was something...
          Didn't get actual "face time", but here's something kind of on topic:
          I always think this will show up in a book somewhere,sometime.
          I guess it would have been summer of 2000, would have to look it up.
          I'm working nights, so sweet wife and I are out, driving someplace, and heard on the local radio news that candidate Bush was going to hold
          a rally in Irmo. We were right on that street, so what the heck, we stopped at the place and parked the van. Big Chevy conversion, which was having a little problem of backfiring. Went into the little rental hall, and listened to
          the q & a, which at that time wasn't staged like it seems now. Anyway, he
          was on his toes for the small crowd, really seemed down to earth. The thing was over, crowd dispersing, wife and I went to the van parked on the side of the street. We could see his bus and security detail down in the parking lot. Just as Mr. Bush was walking to the bus, wife started the van. BOOM!!!
          Apparently, fuel had collected in the muffler or pipe and exploded when it caught. I was looking down there, the security guys were looking right at us. I just said, go, go...found out that we had indeed blown the back wall from the muffler, no real harm, but damn.
          Heard later, that was the big turning point for his campaign...McCain was rallying in the wrong places, Newberry and Orangeburg, and Bush caught great momentum by coming to Irmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            No way tom make this much shorter, but this was something...
            Didn't get actual "face time", but here's something kind of on topic:
            I always think this will show up in a book somewhere,sometime.
            I guess it would have been summer of 2000, would have to look it up.
            I'm working nights, so sweet wife and I are out, driving someplace, and heard on the local radio news that candidate Bush was going to hold
            a rally in Irmo. We were right on that street, so what the heck, we stopped at the place and parked the van. Big Chevy conversion, which was having a little problem of backfiring. Went into the little rental hall, and listened to
            the q & a, which at that time wasn't staged like it seems now. Anyway, he
            was on his toes for the small crowd, really seemed down to earth. The thing was over, crowd dispersing, wife and I went to the van parked on the side of the street. We could see his bus and security detail down in the parking lot. Just as Mr. Bush was walking to the bus, wife started the van. BOOM!!!
            Apparently, fuel had collected in the muffler or pipe and exploded when it caught. I was looking down there, the security guys were looking right at us. I just said, go, go...found out that we had indeed blown the back wall from the muffler, no real harm, but damn.
            Heard later, that was the big turning point for his campaign...McCain was rallying in the wrong places, Newberry and Orangeburg, and Bush caught great momentum by coming to Irmo.
            BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

I was assigned to Cleveland Hopkins airport. My Lieutenant really liked me but hated my haircut (Mohawk). We were ALWAYS running short-handed. During the 2000 election we always assisted secret service into the tarmac, and keeping out any media. My boss NEVER wanted me to go, but he had no choice. I met Gore (pud), Lieberman (chatty), Bradley (doofus) ,McCain (cool)..and just hanging with their guys. My boss always told me to get out of sight..he was really freaked out about my hair.

So, George W arrives when we're running super low. So My Lt. yells to me "Godamn it, C'mon Z let's go!!!"..he's all red in the face , like he's very embarrased..I think it's funny. So we were the first to meet Bush. George W goes right up to me and says "I like your haircut, I should go to your barber". I replied.."I did this myself Sir, I'll be happy to do yours"..he laughed, shook my hand, grabbed my shoulder ..then greeted my boss who was all red in the face. Bush casually moved on with his guys, just talkin' crap. I looked at my boss and stuck my tongue out. Ever since then..he lightened up ALOT about my extremely "high and tight" doo..

That was cool..I miss that stuff.

Bill Z
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns and Cygnus, those are both great stories.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                Horns and Cygnus, those are both great stories.
                Couldn't make this stuff up. Truth is stranger than fiction. I have been plenty
                ticked off at Bush and the left side of the republican party, but I think he's a decent guy. Listening to Thompson right now on Hannity (radio). Too early to tell.

Comment

Bush might not be the brightest bulb in the lot but the one thing I do like about him is he is just regular folk, seems genuine, really cares for people and is sincere.

I have no cool story but GW Seinor flew in a helecopter and landed in my neighborhood for some fund raiser for a republican TX representitive who lives here. My wife went to it with my sons for a while but they wanted something like 1k to meet and greet him and get a picture She said hell wit dat and took some from a long distance
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Forget Iraq. The economy is tanking. So the next president better have brass balls. The first time in decades that it's an open field and the winner will lose.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      Bush might not be the brightest bulb in the lot but the one thing I do like about him is he is just regular folk, seems genuine, really cares for people and is sincere.
                      No offense shawn, but youre wrong on 4 of the 5 here. haha.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

What do you Americans think of the candidate Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by monk View Post
                          What do you Americans think of the candidate Ron Paul?
                          Like Ross Perot,or Al Sharpton,there are always candidates that come along
                          and actually say what is on a lot of people's minds. There's usually a screw loose somewhere in most of those type of candidates,though. I thought Sharpton was a riot to listen to last time around.
                          Ron Paul is a bit too libertarian for my taste. He's beating the Pat Buchanan
                          populist drum. The US is too intertwined with the rest of the world to just close the borders and ignore multinational security issues.
                          +1 on doing something about the UN from him, though. That the US is permanent host nation to such a corrupt, anti-west far left institution is just insane.

Comment

From my (outside) point of view, Ron Paul is the only candidate that makes any sense. I miss that kind of politicians over here, really. Of course he will not win though...by any chance. Opposing the federal reserve is not the way to go if you want to win an election, I guess

I do not see the connection with Al Sharpton and the rest though. I do not know much about Ross Perot though. Al Sharpton is black..that is his "image". Barack Osama is black, Hillary is a woman and etc etc....what is Ron Paul's gimmick? Telling the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by monk View Post
                              I do not see the connection with Al Sharpton and the rest though. I do not know much about Ross Perot though. Al Sharpton is black..that is his "image". Barack Osama is black, Hillary is a woman and etc etc....what is Ron Paul's gimmick? Telling the truth?
                              During the early stages of the 04 elections, Sharpton was cutting loose on everyone, especially other democrats. He spoke whatever came to his mind first. He's far from my own political veiws, but it was refreshing and kind of funny.
                              Perot spouted a lot of common sense type answers that on the surface seem great, but the moment you dig deeper it becomes unworkable. Ron Paul is the same way. The fed is the only thing that has stabilized world markets on several occasions. It's the worst there is, but a necessary evil.

I encourage everyone who is interested in the US political and monetary policies to read the Federalist Papers, which were the foundation to the various arguments of the Constitution. Alexander Hamilton goes into great detail about federal banking, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                                No offense shawn, but youre wrong on 4 of the 5 here. haha.
                                comments like thta are exactly why I hate discussing politics
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X