Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm BAAACCK :)

Sup?

Well,, I finally did it,,i took everything out, ripped out the old carpet( yes ,no more guitar pics on the old 3 band surviving fucked up carpet,,,the "rip mosh's carpet out fund" finally paid out ) and laid a new floor, and armed with a design that was given to me on a studio forum and working my ass off for the past 8 weeks, I'm finally getting my renovated jam room back together and my computers back up and running, and DAMN I've got some reading an catching up to do. anyway, i thought I'd share a quick pic of the new digs (as the room is almost finished and sounds AWESOME!! )while i was re-tweaking my computers.

MOSH ON
    DAVE

"It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Looks great!

Comment

Damn dude, I wish you were closer to me, and record my shit!

Looks nice!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

wow, that looks awesome.

great work!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Very cool! What kind of acoustic treatment do you have on the ceiling and the walls?
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Very cool ! You need an Alien poster in there, it looks like a space ship !

Comment

Wow, cool idea with the engl amp unter the table. Never again cold feet in the winter.

Flo
              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Doesn't having the monitors embedded in the wall take away from their sound? I always heard that speakers need air around them to properly "breathe".
                Scott

Comment

Very cool! What kind of gear are you running?

Comment

Complete with Tiki Karma Bass Boost and Gargoyle Evil Noise Repulsion!

Looks like the carpeting from the "13th Floor"

Is that Oujie board under the instruction manuals?

Looks cool. And evil.
                    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 09-07-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hey Dave. Welcome back!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a hell of a jam room you've got setup!
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Sup?

thanks for the comps guys
                          Ive been working so hard it seems like forever, every spare moment has been used to do this build,,i haven't even had time in 8 weeks to even touch my guitars

Bill......I hear ya,,that would be cool for sure.......but hell...anytime bro,,,, i'll have the rig fired up and ready to go ,,say the word

Vamp.....all the units are treated with O.C. 703 rigid fiberglass panels. the whole construction is made up of modular units that give me the correct angles and help treat my space acoustically. The ceiling panels are 3 in. 703 panels wrapped in fabric and hung from hooks.

Spivonious...... no,,on the contrary, it can tighten up the low end quite considerably when you soffit mount a speaker. also known as an infinite baffle.

Rupe,,,well,, a whole bunch, but the main pieces are a Mackie D8B digital mixer, Mackie Mdr 24/96 24 trk hard disk recorder, a fully loaded DAW( if its out there and kicks ass,,, its in there ) RME HDSP 9652 soundcard, roland SI-24 control surface, JBL LSR4328p active studio monitors,,digitech 2120's, Engl Savage 120...etc.

Thanks Joe

Thanks Matt,,my wife will be happy when i get it done and the rest of my crap out of the rest of the house
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

here are a couple more quick pics,,

Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 09-08-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
                              Spivonious...... no,,on the contrary, it can tighten up the low end quite considerably when you soffit mount a speaker. also known as an infinite baffle.
                              You learn something new every day Still I have to think it has an effect on the imaging. Anyways, great room! My wife and I just bought a house and I'm hoping to convert the extra bedroom into a room like yours.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X