Remember my "road rash" story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember my "road rash" story...

Well, 10 days later, the left knee isn't any better at all. STILL bruised and swollen. Give up and go to doctor today. Get X-rays taken (when she sees my knee her first words are "Damn, somethin aint right"..) she can't find anything in the X-rays. Refers me to the ER of the bone and joint hospital (they have one for just that..wow, who knew)
    After getting checked out there, it seems I MIGHT have either torn an ACL or the patella (sp?) tendon. So, next week I get to see an orthopedic (sp?) surgeon to see what he thinks. Geez...now I'm in a "knee IMOBILIZER" leg brace (sounds like an alien weapon somehow) on crutches, and hoping for the best. This sucks for one of the many million americans without health insurance..oh yeah, that's me...just bummed and ranting..sorry.

That sucks! Must cost a ton without insurance. On the brighter side, your hands are still fine and you can play the guitar. Hang in there Jer!!
    Sam

Comment

That's my knee. See "I couldn't walk yesterday"
      Last edited by fett; 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

At least they didn't stick one of those big plastic dishes around your neck to keep you from licking your knee. Doggy hates it when they do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          At least they didn't stick one of those big plastic dishes around your neck to keep you from licking your knee. Doggy hates it when they do that.
          Yeah but it would look awesome on stage. Her stage name could be Bucketneck. :ROTF:

Seriously though Jeri I'm sorry to hear of you woes. I hope everything turns out alright for you.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            :ROTF: :ROTF:
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

sorry to hear your knee is messed up Jeri.

I've had knee injuries and if it's still swollen after this amt of time they'll probably need to drain it, and if there is blood in the fluid then they know there is some kind of ligament tear. if no blood it may be a cartilage tear. ligament damage is worse than cartilage damage.

if minor these kinds of injuries can sometimes be treated conservatively but if there is more damage then they have to operate to fix what is torn or at least debride it (trim away the torn part so it doesn't continue to irritate the other parts).

best of luck to you in this.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Oain is a real pain in the ass..I hate pain.

I'm sorry to hear Sis, that's fucked up. Nothing you can do..just take care of it and waite..tha's it. Hopefully the doc will give you some pain candy..that helps!

At least Darvacette..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm a little baked ..haven't did that in a while.

I skimmed this thread and the words "Doggy", "Swollen" and "Knees" jumped out of the screen at me..so, I'm thinkin' my usual dumb shit.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Pain is a real pain in the ass.
                    . . . only if it's ass pain. :ROTF:

Comment

Jeri, sorry to hear this! It's fucked up that in our country we don't have basic health care coverage. Too bad you didn't fall at work, then it'd be workers' comp and you'd be covered.

Say......
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X