Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are other uncommon things you like to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are other uncommon things you like to buy?

I know most guys here also collect car/sport/electronic/watch items, but what are other things you guys like to buy.

Me I can be a shoe/wallet whore. I guess maybe that falls under leather/crocodile goods. I'm not into sneaker really. I like nice shoes. I just made an appointment today to get my 1st pair of custom John Lobbs. I go for my meeting/fitting on the 20th and should take about 4-6 months to get my shoes or ankle boots(haven't decided yet) after that. I have a few pair of ready made already, but this is gonna be something else.
    Last edited by VinceV; 09-08-2007, 09:53 PM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

I was into digital+analog watches for awhile and bought several. I finally got a Seiko SNJ003 and have been pretty satisfied since then though, so I may be done spending $ on watches (I hope).

I love most of the products that Apple makes. I have had many Macs over the years - all of them great. I am now trying to find a way to justify buying the newly released iMac, but our current G4 iMac works so well it's hard to do. I think that after Leopard is released in October, I will go for it. I would have an iPhone if any providers offered them in our area. I WILL have an iPod Touch as soon as I can get one (can't wait).

Hmm, I guess those were all electronic items. I love Irish Setters and English Setters. I have had a few Irish Setters over the years and wish I could have one now, but I will need a fenced yard first, and that will be a major undertaking. I guess that's about it, other than cars, guitars, motorcycles, snowmobiles & guns.

Comment

I'm wih you in that I'm an Apple addict also, my 1st being a cube about 7 years ago now? Just got a Macbook Pro 15(dual core 2 2.4 with 2 gigs ram). I got it to compliment my dual G5 tower with 4 gigs ram(It was the biggest baddest when I got it a few years ago). I thought oh the macbook should be a good companion piece, should be able to maybe keep up the the G5. I was so wrong, I did some video compression and DVD ripping/burning, the laptop is 3x faster than my damn tower. I was like wtf?? Look how fast technology changes this little portable computer smoke what was a monster just 3 years ago.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Wow, you've got some nice Macs! I haven't had any really big guns. My first Mac was a PowerBook Duo 210. Since then, I've had a Powerbook Pismo, Powerbook Titanium 15", MacBook 13" (belonged to my employer, actually), and now I'm back on a TiBook 15".

Desktop-wise, my family had a PowerMac 8100, a purple iMac rev 3, and now our iMac G4 17". I just got iLife '08 and found that the latest version of iMovie won't install because our iMac isn't fast enough to meet the minimum spec. And I was reading about Leopard, and it looks like the Cover Flow file management features and Time Machine backup capability will take some serious horsepower, so I am thinking that might be enough justification to go for a new iMac. Also, I've started to get into digital video, which is pretty demanding for our iMac, so that's another reason to think about upgrading. As you can see, I'm well on my way to my next Mac.

Comment

I collect Kentucky Derby Glasses. The oldest one I have is a 1951 glass. Each year a new design is silkscreened on to high ball glasses that are used for the Mint Juleps. Every glass has a list of the winners of each previous derby on it.

Other than that, I always buy hardback books for my library. I have 500+ so far.
          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          Jackson SLATQH
          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
          Jackson DKMGT (project)
          Kramer Focus 1000
          Ibanez SDGR Bass
          Ovation Celebrity
          Martin Backpacker

Comment

i collect DENNIS RODMAN stuff. I have things from a game used jersey from the pistons to a shirt with his tats on it

Comment

I have a collection of vintage citizen band radios Galaxy,Tram,Cobra,President,Teaberry.Realistic.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow,this thread makes me realize what one track minded,boring bastard
                I must be....LOL!! It's just guitars and gear for me.

Gotta go and get a life now.

Comment

Did you Mac fans bought the iPhone ? :ROTF:
                  For me it is guitar and related gear only !

Comment

Originally posted by patricef View Post
                    Did you Mac fans bought the iPhone ? :ROTF:
                    For me it is guitar and related gear only !
                    This Mac fan buy 2 iphones.:ROTF:

Comment

The iPhone is not out here yet, but I'm tempted, but I never buy Rev. 1. Early adopters always pay a premium for their toys.

As for other things, I collect Single Malt Whisky. Hmmm, I think I'll have to have a wee dram tonight.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I collect womens panties. Preferably soiled panties. Yes... Don't ask how I come by them, or who has filed charges and restraining orders against me. All you need to know is that I have plenty and my collection will continue to grow.

Comment

Collection sounds like erection!
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Children... they're great, obedient, cheap labor.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                              The iPhone is not out here yet, but I'm tempted, but I never buy Rev. 1. Early adopters always pay a premium for their toys.

As for other things, I collect Single Malt Whisky. Hmmm, I think I'll have to have a wee dram tonight.

I forgot about my whiskey collection! I also collect single barrel and small batch Bourbons. I have around 30 bottles, ranging from a 21 year old to as young as 9 year old Bourbons. My most expensive is a Distiller's Masterpiece bottle that was aged for 18 year and then cask conditioned in barrels that held congac for another 3 years.

My favorite every day Bourbon is Blanton's Single Barrel.
                              1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              Jackson SLATQH
                              Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                              Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                              Jackson DKMGT (project)
                              Kramer Focus 1000
                              Ibanez SDGR Bass
                              Ovation Celebrity
                              Martin Backpacker

Comment

Working...
                              X