Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are other uncommon things you like to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had to make a choice it would have to be an Islay single, hmm the peaty, iodine taste...

Of the distilleries on Islay I couldn't decide between Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Bruichladdich. They all have individual characters and love them all. But the fave at the moment is a 17 year old Lagavulin. I'm definitely going to have some tonight!

I don't generally do bourbons, I'm a whisky man thanks to some git who bought me a bottle for my birthday several years ago...
    Last edited by shobet; 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I like to buy stuff from Japan.. the stuff is cool, but it's also the wait and the 'not knowing when it shows up' that's exciting
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Watches, I love Raymond Weil watches. I've got about fifteen of em and am allways looking for nice classy designs.

Comment

This one 99 Cents Only Store has been stocking 3 ounce tubs of tiramisu, made in Italy. Last trip I bought 14 of 'em. Cleaned em out.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I hope your 'roids will feel better.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The real grapes of wrath!
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I build PC's, not as much as I used to several years ago.
                Nonetheless, I have closets and large tote's (buy at lowe's)
                full of video cards, HD's, mobo's, sound cards, memory, PSU's and on and on. I can't bring myself to let go of any of it.
                Last year, I thought of doing the ebay thing with most of it and ended up not going through with it. I don't know what it is but I love the stuff and I don't know why.

I use to have an album collection a very large nice collection.
                I took very good care of it.
                A collector came by and gave me a nice offer and I accepted.

I use to have a super nice comic book collection, very very big.
                I took very good care of it as well.
                Again, a collector came by and gave me a very nice price,
                I accepted without reservation.

The same can be said for the baseball and football card collection I had, and the same can be said of my action figure collection.
                They were nice while they lasted and I made decent money from them.

I'm also a reader, anything that attracts or concerns me.
                Many books I found useful or enjoyable I've kept.
                The other books that weren't useful or enjoyable to me,
                I let those go. I have a fairly decent amount of books of all kinds.
                I'm always adding a new addition to the collection.
                The cool thing (to me anyways) is every book I bought new or used,
                I've read all of them all the way through, it least once whether I kept them or not. Many of them, I've read it least 3-5 times all the way through.

The one thing to me that I guess I could have collected but never have,
                is guitars. It never has appealed to me enough to do so.
                I can only play one at a time, and if I had a hundred of them, I'd have a favorite and that would be the one I'd play all the time. The rest would be like furniture and get in my way, even with a room dedicated to them.
                I guess (for me anyways) having many of them doesn't make sense to me.
                All I need is two electrics (main one and then the back up) and an acoustic.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by patricef View Post
                  Did you Mac fans bought the iPhone ? :ROTF:
                  For me it is guitar and related gear only !
                  I haven't because no cell providers carry it in my area, but when they do, I will.

Comment

Hey hey. I love to collect alot of things. Besides guitars, I collec alot of Hot Wheels and other cool car stuff. We are moving soon, so I have been going thru all our stuff and was supprised to find I have about 2000 of them. I also used to collect action figures like Spawn. I still have a large KISS collection as well.
                    LATER!!!
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I plead the 5th.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I collect unique food items from around the world, usually from places I go to for work.

Things like bamboo salt toothpaste (korea), slivered almonds with whole dried minnows (korea), Love Egg gum (Japan), Panda Cigarettes (China, 13 dollars for a single pack), etc.

I keep them all in a bookcase in my office. Always good as conversation starters.

I also have a tiny jar of Marmite (you UK residents know what I'm talking about), which is the most vile excuse for a food product that has ever passed my lips - and I've eaten some wierd shit in my day.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          If I had to make a choice it would have to be an Islay single, hmm the peaty, iodine taste...

Of the distilleries on Islay I couldn't decide between Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Bruichladdich. They all have individual characters and love them all. But the fave at the moment is a 17 year old Lagavulin. I'm definitely going to have some tonight!

I don't generally do bourbons, I'm a whisky man thanks to some git who bought me a bottle for my birthday several years ago...

Man- I can't drink Islay Scotch. Can't stand the peatiness; all I taste is smoke. I do have a bottle of Scapa, which I believe is owned by the same company that owns Laphroig. Made up in the Orkney Islands. 14 years old, and a very light amber color. Really strong flavors of honey and sea salt. Wonderful stuff.

I love the toffee and vanilla of a good Bourbon.
                          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          Jackson SLATQH
                          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                          Jackson DKMGT (project)
                          Kramer Focus 1000
                          Ibanez SDGR Bass
                          Ovation Celebrity
                          Martin Backpacker

Comment

I collect anything I like.:ROTF: It's too long a story. Let's just say that I have been on ebay since 1999 and I have made a religion out of going to fleamarkets, thriftstores and the rest since 1968.:ROTF:
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Fitted baseball-type caps.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Comic book art and watches.

Comment

Working...
                                X