Apple Products constantly updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Products constantly updated

They make some great stuff (iPods, Mac computers, etc.), but just when you think you've got the "newest, greatest thing", they release something else and you wish you would've waited. This just happened with me and my "new" 30GB iPod.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

That's the fallout of the semi conductor industry. Moore's law is the amount of resistors on a wafer double every 18 months. That's why pc's become outdated so quickly.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Same here. I liked the old iPod shape more without the flat faceplate. I assume that's what you mean by the new iPod.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

You guys keep falling for this so Apple just keeps cranking out "New and Improved" stuff. It's marketing genius.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Calling this a problem with Apple is being ignorant of well, the entire industry. EVERY company updates shit constantly. Look at Creative, etc., and they do the same thing.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Not like Apple. This will eventually blow up in their faces. You can't introduce an "Innovative" product and 3 months later come out with a new one of basically the same thing. Pretty soon buyers will stop buying the "New" one at $600 when they finally get it that a "Better" one will come out at a lower price. Apple users defy everything that is Marketing 101. They have gotten away with it up until now. But, I don't think that is going to fly anymore.

Comment

Never owned an Apple product. I own AMD based pc's. Isn't it true that you can't open up an Apple and upgrade? At least I can swap out soundcards, video, etc. whenever I find a better product or deal.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
                Same here. I liked the old iPod shape more without the flat faceplate. I assume that's what you mean by the new iPod.
                Yea, the flat glass (chrome back) iPod video.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Never owned an Apple product. I own AMD based pc's. Isn't it true that you can't open up an Apple and upgrade? At least I can swap out soundcards, video, etc. whenever I find a better product or deal.
                  You can only swap out these things by yourself on PowerMacs or Mac Pros. For the other macs, you have to bring them in.

Comment

Here's a link to site that can better help you make a choice of when is a good time to buy.

I don't know why Apple gets so much crap for this, when it happens in every segment of the electronics industry. Seems it has become the cool thing to bitch about.

People need to stop complaining about how they just got something and now there is a new one. There is something called the internet, spend a few minutes and research anything you want to purchase. The that way you won't be shocked if new version comes out a week later. This goes for anything Cars/televisions/guitars whatever.

This page provides a product summary for each Apple model. The intent is to provide our best recommendations regarding current product cycles, and to provide a summary of currently available rumors for each model. This page is based on rumors and speculation and we provide no guarantee to its accuracy.
                    Last edited by VinceV; 09-09-2007, 02:19 PM.
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

^ Thanks for the link!

Comment

???

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Not like Apple. This will eventually blow up in their faces. You can't introduce an "Innovative" product and 3 months later come out with a new one of basically the same thing. Pretty soon buyers will stop buying the "New" one at $600 when they finally get it that a "Better" one will come out at a lower price. Apple users defy everything that is Marketing 101. They have gotten away with it up until now. But, I don't think that is going to fly anymore.
                        ---
                        This is utter nonsense. Do you know what you're complaining about? I can't tell. Are you complaining because Apple continually releases improved products? (coming out with a new product in 3 months) Or they don't? (saying that the "new" product is basically the same thing) Or both? (which is insane, but appears to be your intent)

And are you complaining that their prices are too high? ($600) Or too low? (a better one at a lower price) Or, let me guess - both?

And what are you suggesting for a solution? Stop improving products? Stop reducing prices?

Comment

No. My point is to let the buyers feel, at least, a little confident that the new Do Dad they just bought for big bucks will be "State of the Art" for longer than 3 months. What is the point of buying anything "New" at retail when you know that the price will drop that fast? That's why I never pay "New" retail for anything. As for a solution, just wait and buy a 3 month old model for the cheap on e-bay. Apple is just a Hype-Machine. Who needs "Political Threads" when you can mess with Apple?
                          Last edited by fett; 09-09-2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Buyers always have the option to buy used, of course. Or when new products come out, they can wait awhile for prices to drop.

As Mayday, Sinistas, VinceV and myself have pointed out, this is the nature of the electronics industry. It is not Apple-specific, and it is not a negative situation. It is a GOOD thing. Complaining about a good thing makes no sense at all.

Comment

It does for the consumer. There is going to be a backlash. I don't do tech stuff and I don't need 10,20,40,60, 80 gigabytes. I don't need to store the fucking Library of Congess in my phone or 100,000,000 songs in something so small I would lose. I'm just being an old fart that thinks all of this is just silly.
                              Last edited by fett; 09-09-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X