X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    I don't do tech stuff
    Says the man that lives on the Forum.:ROTF:

We get it Fett you hate all things new, cause they cost too much, blah blah blah. On the other hand. Many don't get the live as cheaply as I can attitude that you are so proud of. What's the point of having money then?
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

To the original poster:
      I see this as a consumer problem. The consumer wants to be at the frontline of evolution, buying the latest apparatus. But he can't keep up. His wallet can't keep up. He realizes he can't buy the latest - every week. He realizes he's not hip. Without the latest gadget, he's out of fashion.

It's a personal problem.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I don't hate "all things new" when they actually provide a benefit. But, I haven't seen a whole lot in electronics lately that actually improves life. It's all a bunch of hype. Living cheap makes money last longer. I'm done now.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Not exactly.
          When something new comes out right after you've bought "the latest" thing, you feel like you missed out because you could've gotten something better for the same price. fett is a prophet!
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
            Not exactly.
            When something new comes out right after you've bought "the latest" thing, you feel like you missed out because you could've gotten something better for the same price. fett is a prophet!

But in this day and age there is absolutly no reason to be caught offguard for any purchase. If you are it is entirely the purchasers fault. Does no one research anything anymore?

Never before has so much information been so easily available. You want to know what others are really paying for a car, boom you'll know in 30 seconds. Want to see that old Winger Video right now, boom there it is in 5 seconds.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

When is someone going to acknowledge the media hype?
              Whether it's technology, politics, entertainmtent, guitars, amps,
              fashion, or whatever, stuff gets pumped by marketers who get paid
              zillions to generate such controversy. My gosh people, read "1984",
              If it works for what you want, and satisfies your needs, then all is mute.

And the great part is, we geneally "get it", in the end, and the marketing
              types get another job.

I, for one will not participate in a Apple/PC/Ford/Chevy/Nissan debate,
              because most of us have grown up enough to learn what works for us, and what doesn't. fett is right, it works like a hammer. If my hammer stills hammers, why replace it? We just love to beat up on the silly ones who have to have the newest,shiniest hammer, at the most cost.

Comment

Then don't buy the shiny hammer, and don't bitch about it. If you have something that works, good for you.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                X