WTF is an "EMO"????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is an "EMO"????

Punk ass kid? I'm guessing, but is it a kid who professes to hate their parents, loves playing crap music and dresses like a gimp? I've noticed tenants like that. Same thing?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Basically. Emo is short for emotional- so any navel gazing, solopsistic weepy "poor me" music qualifies. Writing of bad poetry focused completely on oneself & one's feelings, with a conspicuous lack of mention of any other human other than oneself. A complete inability to recognize that one's life is probably pretty damn sweet compared to other people in the world who really SHOULD be emo.

Note I have no problem with bad poetry in general. In fact I quite enjoy it.

Vass

Comment

You gotta admit, the EMO kids on South Park rule...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        You gotta admit, the EMO kids on South Park rule...
        I thought they were Goth?
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I wish my lawn was EMO, so that it would cut itself

Comment

There's a bloke at work who dresses in black, stupid "pretty" things on his wrist, green painted fingernails(?!), pink and black eyeliner, and goofy spikey hair, and occasionally some gay looking bright coloured tie and scarf. Pierced lip, eyebrow and nose. He waves like a fairy to blokes, almost ignores girls completely. I thought that was a poof with gimp fetishes, or is this an EMO?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No, emo kids arent usually homo. They may wear girls pants but theyve usually got a whole slew of emo girls to co-miserate with. I say to them. "Get a job!"

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                I thought they were Goth?
                Damnit... Your right. They are Goth...

I guess I tend to see EMO as the next evolution of Goth. So they both seem the same to me...

Then again, I may just be an idiot...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Isn't Emo the red monster character on Sesame Street. Like tickle me Emo?
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    There's a bloke at work who dresses in black, stupid "pretty" things on his wrist, green painted fingernails(?!), pink and black eyeliner, and goofy spikey hair, and occasionally some gay looking bright coloured tie and scarf. Pierced lip, eyebrow and nose. He waves like a fairy to blokes, almost ignores girls completely. I thought that was a poof with gimp fetishes, or is this an EMO?
                    He's totally emo, although he's probably not really gay.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Damnit... Your right. They are Goth...

I guess I tend to see EMO as the next evolution of Goth. So they both seem the same to me...

Then again, I may just be an idiot...
                      I'm with you. I thought EMO was just the new millenium Goth.

I would see these these kids at my sons Jr. High, but he and his friends kept calling them Emo. If they wouldn't have told me I would have just thought they were Goth.
                      I guess the difference is they're not so pale and less Cure?
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Hey I like The Cure!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                          Hey I like The Cure!!
                          So your saying your Emo and like The Cure?
                          Thus trying to prove my theory wrong.

Or are you just announcing you overall satisfaction of The Cure?

Comment

The next generation of the"I'm too anal to really learn to play my instrument" Seattle grunge scene crybaby wanabee..........
                            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
                              The next generation of the"I'm too anal to really learn to play my instrument" Seattle grunge scene crybaby wanabee..........
                              Yeah my thoughts exactly. Can imagine the proliferation of crappy emo bands the record companies are going to throw up at us. Well I mean they are already but it's gonna get worse......much worse.

Now where's my black hair dye

Comment

Working...
                              X