PayPal Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Emails

I get emails from PayPal every now and then, today I received two. These emails claim that my Credit Card is being used for two accounts. I know these are bogus because when you roll the mouse over the link it is not linked to a PayPal page. My two emails today looked identical but the links where for two different websites. I have never clicked one of this links, but I am sure the are up to no good.

Anybody else get these?
    Just one more guitar!

I get that shit once in awhile, too. Don't ever click on a link in an email, it'll take you to a site and want you to log in and give your account information. It's an indetity theft "phishing" scam. I don't bother opening any emails from Paypal or ebay now, just delete them right away. If I need to check my account, I'll just go there by typing the web link into my browser and log in the normal way.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1

I got such a paypal email once. Its was a jpeg image. I deleted it. I think these sort of junk and spam emails come because of spyware, malware and adware that get installed on your computer when you are browsing the internet. They get hold of your email address by cookies.

There is a free software called spybot. Install it and run a scan of your computer at least once a week. It will remove all these "tracking" bugs. and sometime computers are running slower than usual because of all these darned spyware!
      Sam

Comment

Working...
      X