9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11

On this day six years ago, nearly 3,000 of our fellow man became victims. May they all rest in peace, and may the pain of their loved ones left behind be eased.

I remember that day very vividly - like it was just last week. A beautiful, warm late summer day. Not a cloud in the blue sky. That nice weather will always provide a poignant contrast in my mind against the evil done that morning.

May the victims finally get justice some day. RIP.

I remember it well, which is a terrible thing. Still boggles my mind to believe that it actually happened.

I appreciate your post. We will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
      I remember it well, which is a terrible thing. Still boggles my mind to believe that it actually happened.

I appreciate your post. We will never forget.
      Me too. When you look at all the stuff that had to go right for them to pull this off, it boggles the mind. RIP to all those that lost their lives.

Comment

VERY sad that we were that vunerable..

Like 'em or not "da prez" along with our allies cock-blocked several attempts since..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

9/11 will forever be etched in my mind....Driving into the office, LOOKING at all the DOWNTOWN LA skyscrapers as I listend to the radio reports of NY - CRAP! What if that were to happen right here right now in the MIDDLE OF MY COMMUTE! Goodbye Wife, Kids, Dog, GUITARS & AMPS!

Comment

I remember that day well. I was on my way to a job, got lost, couldn't figure out why I couldn't get through to the place on my cell phone, pulled over and used a pay phone at a gas station. I was listening to Howard Stern talk about the Trade Center... I thought he was talking about in the early '90s when it got attacked, then finally realized he was talking about just a little while ago. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and became pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing. My job wound up getting cancelled, I went to the record store and picked up Slayer's God Hates Us All since it was released that day, went home and listened to the CD... the lyrics seemed pretty unreal and prophetic of what had happened earlier that morning.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I remember the day too. Very sad!! R.I.P all those who lost their lives. Not to mention the poor fire-fighters that died trying to save the rest. They are the bravest! Can you believe that people were told to stay indoors and not escape thinking it may cause a stampede? The ones who did not listen to such orders ended up surviving. Really sad!!
              Sam

Comment

I too remember that day like yesterday. It was the very 1st day in my brand spankin new work van. I was on my way to my 1st service call, I was heading up north and listening to the radio. Over the radio on 103.1 they were talking about it.They said a plane hit the tower,I was like how can a plane hit the WTC building (assuming it was a small private plane)
                Than when I got to my call, the customer was watching TV and had it on,so I was watching it with them.
                The one tower was on fire and I saw the 2nd plane hit live, I didnt even work on their windows or doors. . .just glued to their TV.
                I cant explain it, but was in denial. . it was surreal and couldnt comprehand it. Hard to explain.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

God Bless the victims & their families, and those who are fighting this very second to make sure it never happens again.

Vass
                  Last edited by Vass; 09-11-2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I told this story before. I was watching CNBC in the early morning on the West Coast. They are in New Jersey with a straight camera shot to the Towers. It was surreal seeing the attack happening while I was watching it "Live". It was beyond comprehension.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I too watched tv in horror, I was at my corporate office in Philly when one of our reps got the call. We turned on the tv when the second plane hit and til this day it is etched in my memory. And I hope I never forget what was done to this Great Nation. We lost many good souls that day and suddenly there were heroes again. Let's not forget.
                      Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 09-11-2007, 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Definitely a sad day... I can't believe it was 6 years ago. Also have a hard time believing Osama hasn't been caught yet.
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I ran a security company in NYC at that time. My office was on 16th st. We had 2 teams at the WTC doing routine maint. (one of our largest accounts)

I lost friends there. Fucking muslim fucks.
                          Strat God Music
                          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                            I ran a security company in NYC at that time. My office was on 16th st. We had 2 teams at the WTC doing routine maint. (one of our largest accounts)

I lost friends there. Fucking muslim fucks.
                            Sorry man..I didn't lose any friends on that day. But I've lost many friends/peers to human pollution.

Matt..I have a strong feeling we are going to get Osama soon..just a hunch.

I remember watching the second plane hit live on TV..unbeliveable.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I lost three friends, two of them being very close to my family. My best friend was on the roof of 120 Broadway doing an estimate for his fathers construction company and saw the planes hit. He was then running down the block with many others while chunks of the building were already coming down hard. I'm tired of thinking about it, but I can't let it go, nor will I ever be able to. I could have lost many more as all my friends became fireman, cops, and or stock brokers. My brother jimmy after working on wall street for about 15 years got two very similar and overly generous offers from Liberty Brokerage and Cantor Fitzgerald. he flipped a coin and it came up Liberty brokerage. If it came up the other way, he could very well have died as well. I've already lost one of my brothers, so that was the luckiest of coin flips for our family ever. I think most of Cantor Fitzgerald got wiped out that day. i felt helpless sitting on the beach crying and not knowing if I've lost a few friends or a few dozen. it's a real sore spot with me, but I hope whomever is elected keeps us as safe as we have been since the horrible event. I'm scared shitless for this worlds safety today and for its survival at all in the next 10-15 y4ears. Lots of really bad or black hearted groups out there that need to be found and taken, but how do you stop more from immediately replacing them? This day sucks the big one, and I never want to see our great country get hit on our homeground again no matter where it may be, but I do fear the worst at times, and there is no consolement i can offer to anyone who's lost family and friends that would make a difference in their life, but i do offer my heart to you because I have the same feeling as you do. Thankyou to our troops of all sects, they're why we can go to the beach, or do whatever we want to do. Freedom is an expensive purchase, but it's easy to say where I'm sitting from, but not for those actually out in the middle of it. Thanks again for protecting this great country who at times piss off the rest of the world, but help the rest of the world just as much.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X