No announcement yet.

9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinkin' of you Tommy..I remember you telling us about your buds soon after that happend..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah it was a lame and worthless feeling i had in my gut being so far away from my real home, at least my best friend made it out of there. He called his wife , she was at the grocery store out in Long Island and she comes home to a message on the machine " Honey I'm running for my life dodging cement blocks raining down and godk nows what else, but in case i don't make it I love you and I pray i make it home" That must have been a real crusher as it was. my friend Richie just had a baby girl, she was 2 months old and supposedly he made it out and went back in to help others out. I applaud that , but not when you have a 2 month old baby girl, you have to get out and stay out in that situation. But that's the type of kid he was. Genocide by blowing up the middle east is a ridiculous thought, and moronic, it's just good for jokes, but what can be done over there? they will never get along, and they will always hate the U.S. as well as other areas and groups. I hope this world smoothens out for the young kids like Vinny, and all the others on the board who have kids, cuz i had such a fun fukkin' life , but i shudder to think of me reproducing in the first place-lol, but also think would i want to bring life into this world, and it's a question I can honestly say right now that I feel I would say have to say no to that question. Firstly because of the conditions , secondly because i couldn't spoil my kid or kids the way my parents spoiled the hell out of the 8 kids in my family. What a family it is, bunch a lunatics, but fun ones!!!!
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Harsh reality Tommy..

Yeah, I want to pass the torch to my son. I feel the same as you do about this mess..I worry about him.

"The burden of many rests on the shoulders of few"..I'm thankful for those who go to bat for us when shit hits the fan.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Never forget......

Comment

My birthday is the 10th. The next day i was at the shopping mall and i was getting a haircut the hairdresser (who is an old college friend) was telling me she heard something on the radio about a plane crash in the U.S. Then i went to visit my parents and saw on the news that even though a plane crash is tragic, this time it was something a lot more sinister....

A few days ago i was just thinking about all the new borns who had been named "Osama" in the following few years by their islamic parents. What a pathetic fucking joke.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I think it was worse for our parents and our generation. Worse in that there was a greater risk of total annihilation during an all out nuclear war between the US aligned countries and the USSR. The Islamists and the countries they come from are incapable of presenting that kind of threat at this point. That many of the former allies of the US feel free to realign themselves in opposition is a significant indication that that risk really has diminished greatly. It is bad enough though. I'll never forget the interleaved TV images of desperate people choosing to leap to their deaths rather than be incinerated with the dancing and cheering crowds, handing out candy in ululating in streets like hellish ghouls.

Comment

I was at the gym and was watching it on the TV that was there, the sound was off and I couldn't hear what was going on. So when I got home I turned the news on just before the second plane went into the other tower.

I can remember how unreal it felt, like a bad action film and the more I saw of the poor people stuck and then choosing to leap to their deaths the odder it mad me feel. I mean I can't even begin to imagine what was going through their heads at that moment.

My partner lost some good friends in there and I can utterly sympathise with all the families that lost their loved ones. It's disgusting when atrocities like this are committed in the name of some religion, or more likely, the hidden agendas of those who use that religion as a shield to hide their motives. However I also feel disgust when I see the corpses of arab children being pulled out of bombed buildings. One can not be used to justify the other, no matter what side you are on.

It's sad that in the political and power games that are going on around us that it's the innocent that end up getting hurt, while the leaders and guiders of these causes can claim justification from afar.

It's a sad little world we live in...
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                X