No announcement yet.

Using DHL....Any problems or concerns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DHL....Any problems or concerns?

Hey guys, I just started using DHL (cheaper & faster) had 1 out of 4 go bad the first time out (it sat in the warehouse for a week) Anyone have GOOD or BAD experiances or do you even use them?

My first and only experience with DHL went like this. I ordered a Larrivee acoustic from Ebay and the seller shipped DHL. I was at work and checked the tracking update and it indicated my guitar had been delivered. I called the wife (at home) to make sure she got my guitar off the front porch and she said "it's not here yet." I quickly called DHL and the lady said "oops, we must have delivered it to the wrong house." I asked her which house and I would go get it myself (assuming they left it at a neighbor's by mistake). She couldn't give me that info but she paged the driver and had him turn around and go get it. It arrived fine later the same evening. Given that incident I'd still give them a go . . .

Comment

I've never had any problems using DHL. In fact, a fellow JCF'r recommended them to me when I sold him a 2x12 cab. Granted that I packed the snot out of it, but the cab arrived safely. I've since shipped many items, both musical and other using them with no problems. I even shipped some stuff to Canada.
      The dude that suggested them to me who's name I can not remember said he used to work for them. Apparently, if they mishandle a package they get in a lot of trouble.

I would give them a try.
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I have had a few guitars delivered via DHL. They use regular vans. Like Dodge or whatever. Nothing kills my ears worse than hearing a UPS truck hit the speed bumps just outside my trailer. So, on the buyer end, I like DHL.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

DHL is FANTASTIC!

Got my guitar from Buffalo, NYC to my front door (Belgium) in TWO DAYS. That's transatlantic!

Just awesome service.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

They're good. I use em to ship to Europe.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've had a few things delivered by them, and other than leaving expensive things sitting in plain view, they've been good. Their tracking system doesn't update instantly though, so updates usually only show up once a day.
              Scott

Comment

I have used 'em all, and for the past 6 months or so, I have been using DHL pretty much exclusively. Good service, good prices. Thumbs up here!

Comment

+1, DHL rocks...

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                  I have used 'em all, and for the past 6 months or so, I have been using DHL pretty much exclusively. Good service, good prices. Thumbs up here!
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                  X