No announcement yet.

"No guitar" phase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies guys, guess it's somewhat common to lose interest or get burned out once in a while. If all else fails, I'll just buy new gear.. that always works!

Comment

I feel like this too from time to time. The most important thing is, don't sell the gear you love! Your motivation to play will most likely come back.

I still have all my stuff and even if i felt like i would never play again, there are a few pieces i would never part with. Mainly The KE2 and my HD147/Marshall rig.
      Last edited by Bob From Accounting; 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Lev:

sounds like a little clinical depression. Loosing interest in thing you normally love, loss of motivation in the same and your comments abou "b uying gear" are classic depression. Think about other parts of your life in relation to this. the purchasing of new items might be a substitute for satisfaction OR your body trying kick start the hormone balance back.

Comment

Do it when it's fun again, and when you want to. You will. There's no predicting when or what will trigger it, but you will. You'll be so eager to play you'll rush your restringing job. It'll feel right again - I don't think it ever leaves for good. I've had a few periods of depression or just lack of interest, but inevitably I miss it.

If you feel like the rest of your life is great, you've probably got no worries. If it all starts to feel this way, talking to someone could help.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
            Nervous breakdown when i was almost done with college. Which itself was due to other (hereditary) problems. In the following years - until 3-4 years ago, i had a specially bad case of being prescribed the wrong medications, which made matters even worse. Now things are under control, except the CFS/exhaustion thing, which apparently has no cure or remedy
            I'm a lazy bitch too. I just want to lay around all weekend and do nothing (but play guitar) Projects around the house all pilled up (still haven't done my taxes).

I find popping a couple of Extra Strength Excedrins (with caffine) get me off my ass and getting shit done. They work great right before working out.

Comment

Working...
            X