Indonesia Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia Earthquake

Hardly three years its been since this country was hit with the worst natural disaster in modern history when 131,000 people were killed... now, a 7.9 magnitude earthquake has hit them again. 5 people are confirmed dead and rising. A small tsunami has already hit a coastal village. God help these people.

EDIT: Now, the death toll has already reached 9.
    Last edited by emperor_black; 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM.
    Sam

It was upgraded to an 8.2. We really have no clue how seismic our world really is over jillions of years. Do big quakes come in clusters? Does a big quake relieve the pressure? Or does it loosen things up so there is less stress to allow more movement? Let's see what happens when a volcano decides to blow bigtime. Oh, well, I guess we are stuck here on earth.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

All land mass is basically plates moving over earth's molten core. No saying when each plate decides to rub against another.

Human beings are such a small insignificant part of this huge freakin' planet. And we quarrel about small things, go to court, etc. We forget that one fine day the huge freaking mega-volcano with 47 cubic MILES of molten lava called the beautiful Yellowstone national park can decide to erupt and kill 1/2 the earth's population...yes, I do watch a lot of discovery channel
      Sam

Comment

I'm going to be selfish. I just hope that there is about 20 years left before all Hell breaks loose. I'm 57.

Comment

And to think that burning fossil fuels can really have any effect on our planet.

What killed the dinosaurs? They were pretty fucking tuff.

Comment

We are really just begining to understand tetonic plates and how they effect out shit, but usually when one biggie hits it's followed by many- sometimes hundreds- of smaller siesmic disturbances.

St. Helens puked .67 cubic miles of shit 16 miles straight up, with a blast equal to 27,000 Hiroshima bombs. The plume would be visible from Mars.

Anyway, if the next one like that hits a populated area we're all going back to caveman life because they say it'll take out the world markets which will force a collapse of the world economy, the rule of law will cease to exist and I'll be dragging hot bitches into my cave by the hair.
            Strat God Music
            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Well, I guess I should stop buying electric guitars and stick with acoustics.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                We are really just begining to understand tetonic plates and how they effect out shit, but usually when one biggie hits it's followed by many- sometimes hundreds- of smaller siesmic disturbances.

St. Helens puked .67 cubic miles of shit 16 miles straight up, with a blast equal to 27,000 Hiroshima bombs. The plume would be visible from Mars.

Anyway, if the next one like that hits a populated area we're all going back to caveman life because they say it'll take out the world markets which will force a collapse of the world economy, the rule of law will cease to exist and I'll be dragging hot bitches into my cave by the hair.
                Did Strat God sound vaguely hopeful at the end there to anyone else?

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                  What killed the dinosaurs? They were pretty fucking tuff.
                  one of the theories, apart from the Meteorite that hit earth...is that a Super-volcano did it. ...like the one at Yellowstone.
                  Sam

Comment

We forget that one fine day the huge freaking mega-volcano with 47 cubic MILES of molten lava called the beautiful Yellowstone national park can decide to erupt and kill 1/2 the earth's population...
                    ... right after the U.S. strip-searched Iraq for weapons of mass destruction

No seriously, you should have that yellowstone thing deported
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

and I'll be dragging hot bitches into my cave by the hair.
                      Well, if the economy is shattered, then there won't be any make-up, hair brushes, or razors, so we'll have to go cold turkey on hot bitches (ok baaaaaad one!!)
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

given all the islamofacists that exist in Indonesia, there is a bit of a silver lining to this news.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                          ... right after the U.S. strip-searched Iraq for weapons of mass destruction
                          I'm having trouble connecting this to the volcano thing. Help me understand as I think it could be funny.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                            Well, if the economy is shattered, then there won't be any make-up, hair brushes, or razors, so we'll have to go cold turkey on hot bitches (ok baaaaaad one!!)
                            Dark skinned hotties about 18 years old don't need much makeup. The razor thing is scary though. LOL

Comment

I'm having trouble connecting this to the volcano thing. Help me understand as I think it could be funny.
                              See quote above.

Dark skinned hotties about 18 years old don't need much makeup. The razor thing is scary though. LOL
                              Good point. I like dark skinned hotties without makeup :yum:

Comment

Working...
                              X