Mono...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono...

So, my 17 year old sons girlfriend got mono. We found out yesterday.
    He was kissing her a few days before she was diagnosed.

He is a wrestler and is as healthy as a horse. My wife had Epstein Bar back when he was around 5 and my daughter had mono last year but it only lasted for a few weeks.

I have read online that there is an extremely slim chance that he will contract it especially if he is healthy.

I have also read that most people have already contracted it at one point or another and most of the time they didn't even realize it and thought they just had a cold.

My wife is the type of person who jumps off the handle at every little possible illness so she has our entire family in a panic.

Any comments would be appreciated. My son is a wrestler and a senior this year and we are hoping that he will win the state championship. My wife thinks he will be finished for the next 3 months.

the only thing to do is wait and see what happens and have him tested by your Dr at the first sign of any symptoms.

panicking never helps any situation, but you already know that, you're a man.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

If his immune system has'nt been compromised recently John,he may shake it off.I know that from past experience and if he does get it,chances are it won't be too bad.Good luck...........
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Keeping the fingers crossed John ... to NO Mono and taking state!

My lil' bro came in 2nd, but he's 17 and his girl is in college..so he don't want to wrestle anymore..which sucks!

Vinny wrestled for his first year and broke his arm in half..he was doing really good too. So now he wants to try basketball..

He's really into it with his friends..so let 'em go for it..

Last year my little bro wrestled at a college, open wrestling..broke his anke and got pink eye and ringworm..in one day.

His girlfreind has really huge boobs..no wonder he don't want wrestle anymore..plus he's working too..

I quit wrestling for boobies my Freshmen year..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I hope everything will work out.. good luck.

Btw, I finally get this joke from the Simpsons "True or false; you can get 'mono' by driving a monorail"
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Last edited by Sinistas; 09-13-2007, 07:09 AM.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

John -
              I had it the summer of my Jr year of high school.. got it from my girlfirend at the time.
              I would come home from delivering my newspapers, and just fall asleep on the floor while playing with my dog. Was dragging ass and not feeling right the entire summer. Just thought I was run down

Late August, went through triple sessions, and at the end of the week, I just felt like s**t. Woke up Sun am, my throat as raw as hamburger - could hardly even swallow my own saliva.
              Went to the Doc... had it and had it bad... enlarged spleen, etc. No football, no baseball that year.
              Slept for like a week straight, dropped 30 lbs.. was just too tired to even walk to the bathroom to take a piss. Took a LONG time to get back to normal.

I hope he dodges that bullet!! Good luck with states !

Comment

I had it back in the early 70's and if I remember correctly, it felt like I had a mild case of the flu for about 8-10 days. Tell your wife to quit worrying.
                "POOP"

Comment

Sounds like he should kiss your wife j/k.

Comment

My girlfriend gave me crabs for my 18th birthday...that bitch!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hopefully with him being healthy, he'll be O.K. or just a minor case. Keep an eye on him, and get him tested if he starts not feeling well. Hope it all comes out fine for you and your family.

Comment

I think that Mono can be negated by ingesting lots of vaginal secretions. At least that has kept me from getting it ever!

Comment

I think you can get tested for it before symptoms show, if you're really concerned about it. Good luck to your son with wrestling!
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          X