US OIL Why are we waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US OIL Why are we waiting

I posted this link in FETTS thread but I think it deserves it own thread. Why do we wait to get this oil if its true? If there is that much oil there then why dont we hear about it from the news people? We should be calling our senators and congressmen to speed up the drilling or mining not that givt needs to be involved but there are permits and laws and thing that they can help with right?

One word: EPA

It would cost so much money to open OUR fields and deal with the environmentalists it's not even funny.
    It's far more cost efficient to make some Sheik rich beyond his wildest dreams and mess up his plot of land. I wouldn't be surprised to find out, in the future, that OPEC was secretly funding all kinds of organizations in the USA to force us to buy the shit from them.
    They could care less about messing up their land. All they care is to own 747 jets with gold faucets and door handles. Fly into US and Europe have sex and drink alcohol like we do. Then go back to their desert and claim to be rich Muslim holy men.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The question isn't why not? The question is : SHOULD YOU?

The answer is no.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        One word: EPA

It would cost so much money to open OUR fields and deal with the environmentalists it's not even funny.
        It's far more cost efficient to make some Sheik rich beyond his wildest dreams and mess up his plot of land. I wouldn't be surprised to find out, in the future, that OPEC was secretly funding all kinds of organizations in the USA to force us to buy the shit from them.
        They could care less about messing up their land. All they care is to own 747 jets with gold faucets and door handles. Fly into US and Europe have sex and drink alcohol like we do. Then go back to their desert and claim to be rich Muslim holy men.

Screw the EPA they dont care. Companys dump toxic stuff in the rivers everyday and no one cares at the EPA. They drill for oil in texas for yrears before it dried up so why cant we get the oil in that area now?

Comment

Besides all the political and fringe group issues I think we are probably hording it until the other stuff dries up.

At the current price of oil it isn't negatively effecting our economy. But due to the volitility of the market, it possibly could end up becoming true.

GodofRhythm - I think you mean, "You shouldn't yet".

Comment

Theres also a shitload of oil in the Gulf of Mexico. The US has always had a policy of using the resources of other nations so that they never touch their own reserves. Its not just oil that the US possess, they have lots of resources that they import............

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
              The question isn't why not? The question is : SHOULD YOU?

The answer is no.
              +1000
              Scott

Comment

Canada has lots of oil too right?

Comment

Canada ships 5/6ths of its oil production to the US...........

Comment

What would we do with the oil if we drilled for it? Aren't they claiming the high prices on the outdated refineries not being able to produce enough gasoline? Give them more oil, they'll still only be able to make so much gas.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

But what aren't you tapping yet? Reserves?

Comment

Sounds like typical conspiracy theory BS.

I've got a bridge I'm looking to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          What would we do with the oil if we drilled for it? Aren't they claiming the high prices on the outdated refineries not being able to produce enough gasoline? Give them more oil, they'll still only be able to make so much gas.
                          Correct. I think we really were discussing the whole fear tactic about the world running out of oil and the burning of such oil causing global warming which then creates hysteria among the liberals which will end up causing the price to inflate and regrettably end up hurting the working class.
                          Funny how this works and the liberals claim they are this way to help the people. LOL

Comment

In Switzerland in the 90s, the global warming idiots pushed the government to increase the price of gas. As a result the oil companies were very pleased with their progress. Sell the same amount of gas but make double the profits. It makes you wonder when Al Gore will be pushing for the exact same thing...........

Comment

All we gots to do is build one new mega-refinery somewhere in the US. The area between the coasts is wideopen. It's not like the oil companies are starved for cash.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X