US OIL Why are we waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Hey Jack don't hold back; tell us what you really think!
    I know Ron, sometimes I get a little shy at these touchy subjects

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
      Screw the EPA they dont care. Companys dump toxic stuff in the rivers everyday and no one cares at the EPA. They drill for oil in texas for yrears before it dried up so why cant we get the oil in that area now?
      Actually, its the tree huggers (their organizations and influence for a lack of a better way to explain it) that have a death grip hold on the land that is full of oil. They call it protecting and preserving natures natural estate.
      The tree huggers (again their organizations and etc.) won't allow the drilling. Thus, the ongoing quest and the expense of it to find more off shore/land oil mines to drill.

Its greed, propaganda and conspiracy.
      The oil folks, claim oil is scarce and unfortunately the world believes them.
      The fact is the tree huggers, EPA and among others won't allow nature to be disrupted for drilling. Oil folks are making a killing right now because of it and along theres no scarcity. Don't you just love, appreciate and have a heart felt warm thanks to those wonderful tree huggers?
      Ship them to Iran.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Sure there may be lots of oil still underground, but the fact remains that it will run out eventually. I believe we should be investigating alternatives, and if fear of a shortage provides some intiative for that, then it's all for the better.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
          Government restrictions and limitations is never the answer.

Comments like yours are very scary.
          The problem is that is how we deal with things in the US.

It is a time honored tradition. Hell, you still can't buy alcohol on Sunday's or before noon in a lot of places. I love that you can't buy liquor to take home and enjoy in your home but you can get hammered at a bar and drive home.

And it's because when left to their own devices nobody will do the right thing. There are lots of ways to improve the problem with gasonline - nobody is willing to take any steps of their own. I'm not saying I want a law that denies me the ability to buy gasoline on Sundays but the way we're going is not working.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            The problem is that is how we deal with things in the US.

It is a time honored tradition.
            Then it is time for change.

Comment

Even at $80 oil and $3.00 a gallon, nobody is really treating this seriously. We made a workable atom bomb in two varieties during WWII. Give me a break. If we really wanted to solve this, we could.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yes, but the people that can, don't want to solve it.

The truth is that even at $3/gallon, we have more toys, widgets, and quality of life than anyone else in the free world. The masses (middle class) will not stand up until our toys go away. The poor are small enough in numbers and weak enough to be too interested/able to mobilize for change and the rich have no motivation to change until the middle class raises a collective middle finger.

Until we can't pay our cable bills, have three flat panel TVs, two cars and cell phones for mom, dad and the kids, we won't generally do anything but bitch a little on an internet forum about it.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Change would be wonderful. But it isn't going to happen with Republicans and Democrats around. They both fundamentaly strive for the same form of shit government. There are about a half dozen issues that divide them and they dance around pointing fingers at each other like they are in grade school. And of those issues a sad percentage of them don't actually believe in what they are so vehemently arguing for. They are pitiful.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    Change would be wonderful. But it isn't going to happen with Republicans and Democrats around. They both fundamentaly strive for the same form of shit government. There are about a half dozen issues that divide them and they dance around pointing fingers at each other like they are in grade school. And of those issues a sad percentage of them don't actually believe in what they are so vehemently arguing for. They are pitiful.

True dat. Hence why we may want to consider voting with bullets soon.

Your pretty aggressive for a hippie.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                      Yes, but the people that can, don't want to solve it.

The truth is that even at $3/gallon, we have more toys, widgets, and quality of life than anyone else in the free world. The masses (middle class) will not stand up until our toys go away. The poor are small enough in numbers and weak enough to be too interested/able to mobilize for change and the rich have no motivation to change until the middle class raises a collective middle finger.

Until we can't pay our cable bills, have three flat panel TVs, two cars and cell phones for mom, dad and the kids, we won't generally do anything but bitch a little on an internet forum about it.
                      Your right! $3 a gallon only pisses us off right now.

Comment

We need an oil/real estate recession/depresion to get our collective complacient spoiled asses and brains to do something. Make it HURT. Don't let all the media spread all the real bad shit all over the place. The bad shit is here and will get worse.

Comment

to begin, they should improve public transportation. that will encourage more people to use public trans. How's the public trans in canada? With a country bigger than the US, they must also face these problems.
                          Sam

Comment

There is no solution. There are too many people with too many agendi. (?). The global trend will fry each and every country. The USofA should pull in it's horns and spend all the money we have here. As far as I am concerned, the rest of the world can bugger off.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                              to begin, they should improve public transportation. that will encourage more people to use public trans. How's the public trans in canada? With a country bigger than the US, they must also face these problems.
                              But the biggest problem with public transportation, from what I have experienced, it's another political football game involving people who get the contracts, the NIMBY's who don't want it, the favors and grants, the classic political BS that eventually puts lines exactly where they don't need to be, and ultimately the lines are set to neighborhoods who may have used them at one time, but have moved to escape the mess that was created by the politicos handing out favors.

Dang, that was technically one sentence. I guess I got fired up.

Comment

Working...
                              X