Warranty in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty in general

I'm confused. I thought warranty holds good only if you buy a product from its authorized dealer. If I buy, lets say a camcorder in brand new condition, box-unopened from a eBay store...who is not an authorized seller...does it still hold good? I'm seeing all these auctions for electronic goods and they all say "full factory warranty".
    Sam

The electronics company I work for would not honor the warranty in the EBay scenario you referred to. We actually have a guy that combs all auctions for our products to ensure no one is making mention of factory warranties. If they do he gets their auction pulled. A funny thing though is that retailers like Sears are actually selling on EBay now.

Comment

Don't you have to provide a receipt when doing the warranty thing?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yes, but people try sending Paypal receipts and Ebay packing invoices in for warranty situations.

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Suckers. Not you emp. You were smart enough to ask.
          Last edited by fett; 09-14-2007, 03:54 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I can see Ebay really blurring the line in the future. Ebay gives people to option of having the cyber store front at a low cost. Ebay rarely goes down and the traffic on the site is awesome. If someone were to have enough money to start an account with an "authorized distributor" they could make there store front exist on Ebay. Then who is to say that they are not an authorized dealer? But getting back to the original question purchasing a new in box item from Joe Schmo will probably never be warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Suckers. Not you emp. You were smart enough to ask.
              Yeah, I know. Damn suckers! The first question I ask any of those "Full factory warranty" sellers is "Are you an authorized <brand-name> seller?". Some say they are and I look up the brand's website and it indeed lists their names. Those are legit IMO. For example, there are quite a few authorized jackson dealers with Ebay stores right? They are all fine.

The last time I bought a camcorder, I asked the seller couple of times and he said he's not a authorized seller but he will provide store receipt. I figured its one of those stores that buys a lot of different products and sells them. Those are legit too IMO. But in case of problems, YOU have to ship the product directly to the factory. In case of authorized dealers, you can just take the product to the store and he will either get it repaired with or without a cost based on the warranty and save you the hassle of shipping. Anyway, this dude sends me the camcorder alongwith HIS Walmart store receipt with his signature on the receipt.:ROTF: I said "Dude, I can never make use of this warranty cause I cant prove that I am the person whose signature is on the receipt". Anyway, we came to an agreement where he refunded me 15% of the purchase price. But yeah, buyer beware.
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X