Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revoking Membership at HC

I just went and wasted a few minutes at HC. The place is so bad, I want to
    revoke my membership. What do I do? Get kicked off? Email the admins?
    Somehow, I don't want my name around there.

why
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I'm not sure. I noticed today when I was looking up a friend's band, he uses the band's name as his user name. When I googled the name, his user profile showed up on many of the boards he visits. I didn't know he was into "poi", firestick twirling, for example. So the stuff gets out there. It's weird, this webby thing.

Comment

I'm not really sure what your problem is. That you found out info on your buddy? I don't get it. Sounds like drama to me...

As for your question, just quit going there. Easy as that...

Or just go outside. Watch a movie. Play with your dog. Play your guitar. In other words, get out more...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            I'm not really sure what your problem is. That you found out info on your buddy? I don't get it. Sounds like drama to me...

As for your question, just quit going there. Easy as that...

Or just go outside. Watch a movie. Play with your dog. Play your guitar. In other words, get out more...
            Oh, yeah, I have...I joined there a while ago. I just don't hang there much.
            I only have 1 post, I found my way to here eventually. Just decided to see what was going on there and found it embarrasing, like,
            "kewl, dude, thats neat"
            "i like asian pussy and I like to wank to it"
            kind of material.

No, it's not drama, it just strikes me as kind of like joining a club that you didn't want to be associated with. "It's kinda creepy, Wally, I don't like it over there"....

JCF is much more, "mature". We poke sticks in each other's eyes sometimes, but it's different here. I can take the ribbing and give it, and the members are down to earth. I'm mainly commenting on how bad it get can get if the site is left to whatever shows up.
            Last edited by Cygnus X1; 09-14-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Well the best thing to do if that's the case is just not go back. Please don't do anything to try and get banned, you're only fucking with the guys who run the board for no good reason. It's kind of like taking a temper tantrum to get your way.

If you are concerned mainly for your privacy then I suggest asking them to remove you and just explain it to them in a mature way. I have had people pm me and rip me because they were pissed at something on the JCF. They demanded to have their ID's removed. I honestly leave them as members and just lock them from the board under those circumstances. Why would I help someone acting like a dick to me ...

hope this helps
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I wouldn't try to get banned, looks like it would be a difficult waste of my time anyways. I needed to look a bit closer before I joined. I was just trying to get info on my mystery gear, and the JCF people gave me all the info I needed, even on non-JC equipment.

Comment

At least Inazone is available over at HC. He almost makes it up for all the asshats over there

Actually, there are a number of pretty cool people over there.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    Somehow, I don't want my name around there.

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    I only have 1 post,

You're funny, man.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd just leave my membership intact and not post if I were you. Someday you might be reading that board and see some piece of gear spam that you'd love to have at a great price. Then you'd be glad that you're a member so you could PM the seller.

Yeah, I know... "I'd NEVER do THAT" is what you're thinking. Never say "never"!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X