Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    fett, he ragged me on that, also.

I'm still around, and still not looking to post on the classifieds.

Lighten up, y'all.....
    Your situation may be different, but the rush to 100 posts to gain Classifieds access is so common as to be a big source of humor around here. What usually happens is:

Noob joins, starts posting furiously to reach 100 posts for Classifieds access.

Regulars start laughing and point out thaqt it also takes 45 days' membership, and that the admins can refuse access to anybody.

Noob throws shitfit with comments about Nazi boards and American freedoms.

Admin comes on to confirm it's 100+ posts AND 45 days AND admins' discretion.

Noob gives admin grief.

Noob ends up banned-ass with nickname like Ernest Borgnine's Nut Cheese.

So after seeing this pattern acted out 100 times, we sort of expect it and laugh when it starts, and cases like yours, Cygnus, are less common than the noob meltdown scenario I just described.

I hope this has helped you understand the vibe and the humor that we find in this phenomenon. BTW, many noobs in their outrage rant about how much better the Harmony Central forums are because they don't have these rules. Which said rules are one reason it's not like HC over here. Just some food for thought....
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Ears up!
      Oh boy...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        Butt fuck, it sure is fun.:ROTF:
        So which one of you is the bottom in this relationship; you or Ron?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just for the record (and to get another post ), I have nothing to sell. I have been a member here for nearly five months, but I am more of a reader than poster. I have been reading on this site no less often than every two days since I joined, in an effort to research which Jackson or Charvel I want to buy, and to learn about the differences in the models.

I am not put off by the 90 day rule at all, and I am not trying to intentionally rip through 100 meaningless posts in order to get there. That said, I have finally figured out that I am ready to buy something, so I would love to have a glance through the classifieds. If I had thought about this in advance, I would have posted here and there throughout my stay, but that was my lack of foresight.

I actually like the idea of a forum family taking care of its own, and the classifieds policy doesn't bother me in the least. Though there are a few not-so-helpful posts in my list yesterday, I tried to respond to and read the threads well. If anything, reading about everyone else's guitars and seeing some of the galleries of the models made me even more confused.

I have learned a lot since I joined here, and I don't plan on going anywhere. I really want to pick up a cool Jackson or Charvel, so I am racing a bit to get there now. GAS strikes hard, and I just *know* that something in that Classifieds section is calling my name.

Another thing I learned is that RacerX and fett are both pretty funny.

Anyway, hello again, all....

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            Your situation may be different, but the rush to 100 posts to gain Classifieds access is so common as to be a big source of humor around here. What usually happens is:

I hope this has helped you understand the vibe and the humor that we find in this phenomenon. BTW, many noobs in their outrage rant about how much better the Harmony Central forums are because they don't have these rules. Which said rules are one reason it's not like HC over here. Just some food for thought....
            Don't know how to link to other threads, but you might have seen mine about HC. I do understand it, that's why I jumped in. It's all funny to me.

Comment

who gives a fuck? imho we have enough admins here, we done need any wannabe admins
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

wonderfully said, sir.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I am so friggin' lost. Why is Ron babbling about a dead Russian?
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by tolstoi View Post
                    Just for the record (and to get another post ), I have nothing to sell. I have been a member here for nearly five months, but I am more of a reader than poster. I have been reading on this site no less often than every two days since I joined, in an effort to research which Jackson or Charvel I want to buy, and to learn about the differences in the models.

I am not put off by the 90 day rule at all, and I am not trying to intentionally rip through 100 meaningless posts in order to get there. That said, I have finally figured out that I am ready to buy something, so I would love to have a glance through the classifieds. If I had thought about this in advance, I would have posted here and there throughout my stay, but that was my lack of foresight.

I actually like the idea of a forum family taking care of its own, and the classifieds policy doesn't bother me in the least. Though there are a few not-so-helpful posts in my list yesterday, I tried to respond to and read the threads well. If anything, reading about everyone else's guitars and seeing some of the galleries of the models made me even more confused.

I have learned a lot since I joined here, and I don't plan on going anywhere. I really want to pick up a cool Jackson or Charvel, so I am racing a bit to get there now. GAS strikes hard, and I just *know* that something in that Classifieds section is calling my name.

Another thing I learned is that RacerX and fett are both pretty funny.

Anyway, hello again, all....
                    I like this guy.....
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                      I am so friggin' lost. Why is Ron babbling about a dead Russian?
                      Hey, um God,
                      Have you gotten so lost that you forgot to open that case?
                      Remember?
                      Nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                        I like this guy.....
                        I saved #100 to say 'thank you.' I know that running up the post count looks fishy, but I am kicking myself for not posting more frequently earlier. It's a great board, but as I said, I read more than post. I appreciate the thumbs-up.

RacerX may have been busting my chops a bit, but his posts have been among the most helpful to me.

Comment

I could be wrong (never happends)..but I been watching Tolstoi. I'm good at making instant judgements of character..I get good vibes from this dude.

With that said, Tolstoi ..if you prove that I'm "wrong"..I'm going to kick you in the beanbag!
                          Last edited by horns666; 09-17-2007, 05:06 AM. Reason: fuggums
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The only thing that's available in the classifieds is Ron's hairy crack for sale. It's been there for months and the price has dropped considerably. No one has been brave enough to take a bite at it! So Tolstoi, comrade, you can be the first batter up and see if you can tame that hairy, ferocious beast of a man.

Fett tried, but his horns aren't up to it at his age...
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 09-17-2007, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                                The only thing that's available in the classifieds is Ron's hairy crack for sale. It's been there for months and the price has dropped considerably. No one has been brave enough to take a bite at it! So Tolstoi, comrade, you can be the first batter up and see if you can tame that hairy, ferocious beast of a man.

Fett tried, but his horns aren't up to it at his age...
                                See what I mean..
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X