Possibly catching a break finally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly catching a break finally!!!

The job search has been uneventful... up until Thursday night. I was bored and about to go to bed, when I thought to myself, hey, why not check out the cragslist job section? I never had before...

After searching for a few minutes, I found one thats perfect! Its basically doing the same thing that I was doing at Lockheed, electronics assembly! Beings that its through a temp agency, Ill be starting out $1 more an hour than Im making now... but I dont even care. They are looking for a permanent position, and after 3 months, Ill be able to go permanent and get full pay.

Im really psyched about this... interview and "test" is tomorrow. Im pretty confident that Ill get the job, especially after they see what I can do. Its going to be wierd though... I wont have to bust my ass every day doing construction and still being broke, and will be making a little more money to boot.

Another huge plus is that its a NON union job... so theres chance for advancement regardless of how much seniority I have, and I dont have to worry as much about getting laid off... Ill do such a damn good job that they wont be able to afford to lay me off! Wish me luck, I really need this!
    Last edited by RobRR; 09-16-2007, 10:44 AM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Good luck Rob, I myself just started a new job last week.I had 4 interviews, than a backround and last but not least a drug test,passed all thank god. (J/K)
    Been working 11 hour days for the last week, have today and tomorrow off.

Had been building decks w/my older jerk brother that yells most of the time, working here & there,no work for a week sometimes. Pretty frustrating and other added pressure (bills, no $ in my acct)
    Now I have benefits (heath ins./401K,dental/eye and its inside and heated/AC too) and another good thing. . .can move up fast.
    Last edited by ADR; 09-16-2007, 10:58 AM.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Good luck man!!!
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

That's awesome, good luck Rob. You sound pretty confident and that's a good sign.

Myself, I started a new job at IBM 3 months back and just got prolonged another 6 months.

Now, I also wish for our own Sunbane to get a new job. I pray for the best and may this thread be a positive kick in his ass
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey!! good luck!! that's how you do it, leave no stone unturned.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Good luck, dude, the temp-to-perm is how I got my current position and I'm doing great!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Right on man!

Comment

Good luck Dude! Go after it.

Comment

That is great news, good luck. In a couple of months I will be looking again.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                      I was bored and about to go to bed, when I thought to myself, hey, why not check out the cragslist job section?
                      Thought you were going to say the craigslist erotic section:ROTF:

Good luck, make some money so you can buy some more reverse headstocks

Comment

Working...
                      X