Uk thrash resurgence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk thrash resurgence

I don't know how many ppl are aware of this, but thrash is coming back in a big way over here in all its metal thrashing glory, with a number of bands already snapped up by earache records. I'm lucky enough to be quite involved in the scene and knowing a number of the bands fairly well, there is a really good atmosphere and everyone is anticipating this resurgence with baited breath. Las week Rising stars Evile's album enter the grave managed to actually enter the bbc rock charts at number 33, and we're hoping others (i'll give you a list below) will follow. On top of that you'll be pleased to know a good number of them play jacksons till the death, so maybe our beloved guitar manufacturer might give some of these bands a look into, as we are begining to regularly hold all day events now...

so if u like thrash please check out these bands on myspace:

Evile
    Gama Bomb
    Mutant
    Deceptor
    Pitiful Reign
    Let em Burn
    Hallowed Point
    Seregon
    Dark Forest
    SSS (Short Sharp Shock)
    Sekhmet
    Skullcrusher

not forgetting the reigning daddy's over here, Sabbat and Onslaught (onslaught are using both Jackson and Charvel Guitars )

Thrash bands are big in Ireland too. Almost every young band has a bit of a thrash element to their sound.
    Mass Extinction is probably one of the bigger ones. Check them out.

Comment

We played with Short Sharp Shock in Manchester in June, that was the first time I'd heard of those guys. I think they were gonna do a tour with Municipal Waste...?
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Christ are Sabbat still going!
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
          Thrash bands are big in Ireland too. Almost every young band has a bit of a thrash element to their sound.
          Mass Extinction is probably one of the bigger ones. Check them out.
          Gama Bomb are from Northern Ireland and just got signed

Comment

Working...
          X