Bikers and pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikers and pipes

You HOG owners are going to have to put a sock in it.:ROTF: It's seems that people are getting a little annoyed with loud pipes. Personally, I like the sound. But, there are laws being passed where you can't even rev your engine at a Stop Sign. What is the world coming to? Loud car pipes will be next.
    Last edited by fett; 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Some people have to worry about that stuff.

Some get pulled over for doing 145+ mph on their way home..just to say hello!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Your car is next. Horns.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        Your car is next. Horns.
        I know...trying not to set off car alarms on my street..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have some dude that has an vintage El Camino living just down the street. His car sounds way cool and loud. But not at 2AM. He does the famous "blowing out the engine" before he shuts it down. I'll bet his neighbors just love that.:ROTF:

Comment

Oh boy..I don't go out late anymore. At 2AM I'm tucked in at home, sucking my thumb.

or here..telling stories.

My dad's bike sounds nice..CMC Streetburner..very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              I have some dude that has an vintage El Camino living just down the street. His car sounds way cool and loud. But not at 2AM. He does the famous "blowing out the engine" before he shuts it down. I'll bet his neighbors just love that.:ROTF:
              Like this?
              An el camino ain't nuthin but a Monte with it's ass cut off...
              If you want a pickup, get a Custom Deluxe.
              BTW, If you don't blow out that octane boost, you'll catch hell trying to start it up....

Comment

Sorry, wrong pic.

Comment

Loud pipes on bikes save lives!
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Sound vibrations can cause cracks in the pipes.... so you end up with a crackpipe
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

It's about time. Oh, I'd love to run my two stroke Honda CR500 unmuffled but let's face it, most people would find it obnoxious. Same thing applies to "the hogs."
                      "POOP"

Comment

On my HD I have aftermarket pipes sill with the baffles on them, but it they sound good with them on, a hell of a lot better than stock pipes now a days... and BTW taking the baffles out of a pipe will bring down the HP by more than 5HP, so I live it like that.

Still I try to respect my neighbors and when I come back home at 2:00AM+ at least 3 times a week, I try to make the less amount of noise at that time.

But there are some pipes now that you can switch the noise on and off by changing the angle of the baffles inside the pipe. That will be a future mod that I will probably do.
                        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                        custom made Les Paul
                        VOX Tonelab LE
                        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                        ADA MP1
                        BBE 422A
                        Lexicon MPX-G2
                        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                        Support Your Local 81

Comment

I have found that if I veer off into my neighborhood at anywhere over 50 miles an hour, I can shut the motor off and coast (mostly down hill) the rest of the way home. This is not really as much of a favor to the neighborhood, as it is to avoid the nosey lady that lives next door to us. I swear she watches our every move.........

The bike coasts silently into the garage, and she never "hears" us coming home. She then assumes that we were out all night "carousing", as she puts it.

Comment

Originally posted by OUTLAW1969 View Post
                            I have found that if I veer off into my neighborhood at anywhere over 50 miles an hour, I can shut the motor off and coast (mostly down hill) the rest of the way home. This is not really as much of a favor to the neighborhood, as it is to avoid the nosey lady that lives next door to us. I swear she watches our every move.........

The bike coasts silently into the garage, and she never "hears" us coming home. She then assumes that we were out all night "carousing", as she puts it.
                            Now I don't feel alone in the universe ... nosey lady that lives next door and shutting down the motor (in my case one corner from the house)... the problem is that I have to put in 2 small ramps and then start the bike again in order to get it in where I park it. The bike is too low and I have to go thru the ramps slowly to avoid getting stock in the middle.
                            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                            custom made Les Paul
                            VOX Tonelab LE
                            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                            ADA MP1
                            BBE 422A
                            Lexicon MPX-G2
                            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                            Support Your Local 81

Comment

Loud motorcycles are gay. Especially when the dude has brand new leathers, harley gear, etc. and he's a stock broker living with his family in Highlands Ranch.

Are we supposed to think you are tuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X