Once again Yank-BoSox heading toward playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again Yank-BoSox heading toward playoffs

Don't know who'll wind up in first in the division, but whatever the case, both look like they're heading in the playoffs. Detroits falling. So now maybe we'll have an ALCS championship series between the Yanks and Sox. (the real World Series.. ). Of course we have to get the Angels and Indians out of the picture...
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Another amazing season by both teams. As a die-hard Yanks fan I wouldn't have it any other way. The absolute best part of the Fall.

Vass

Comment

Go Yanks!!!!!!!
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've been glued to the tv set watching the Yanks the last couple of nights.

I like to see them take over first place, but in the last 6 years, the Wild Card team has won more World Series than division winners. Maybe its because they're the hottest team going into the playoffs.

Comment

Yep the Yanks are kicking butt. I had lost faith in them earlier in the summer, but I'm glad I was wrong. This season is one of their most determined performances, I'd say. They just put their heads down and got to work. Detroit is a bit of a surprise though. I thought they would finish with a much better record.

And also: go Angels, another longtime fave of mine. The year the Angels won was one of the best world series I've ever seen.

Comment

The Angels............ugh. We got a problem with them.. I went to a Yankee-Angels game out in Anaheim last month with Atomic Tommy and I had to hold Tommy back from ripping the Rally Monkey's head off..

Comment

They have them hangiing for sale in all the Supermarkets out here, so Jeanette and i bought one and burned it in effigy last night out in the street-lol
              You don't want to see the Angels in the first round if you're a Yankee fan. it's just the way that they are built and the way they play, taking extra bases, playing aggressive, they're a team that's built exactly how to beat the yankees, but this year I want them in the first round so bad because I think we're going to end this angel nonsense, and with the great new young homegrown additions of Hughes, Kennedy and Chamberlain, plus Moose seems to be getting his head on straight again, we could have a shot at going to the series. They WILL need Arod to produce, who has carried most of the team this year, as well as Posada and Jeter. The yankls were 14.5 games back, widdled it down to 8, then fell back to 14 again and fought back again. With Ortiz and manny having sub -usual seasons has helped keep the Yankees in the thing. Mike Lowell is the mvp so far for that team. What a year he had. The Yankees have no picnic with the Jays and the sox can right their heads with a whooping of the Drays who are not the usual easy win anymore either. If that team had more pitching, they could play with anyone, they hit like motherfukkers.
              So I'm not counting or caring on who wins the division, I just want in, and I think the Yankees take the wild card, all this panic button shit is just weak , play ball, beat the Drays and take the division for godsakes, don't let the yankees somehow steamroll into the playoffs with the hot streak and being the favorite, that's when the stripes seem to tank as of late.
              still 10 games to be played anyway, I'm not jumping for joy until I see an asterisk or an X next to the yankees. At least I'm burning things though, and a lot of yelling and carrying on a swell. I go as this team goes , you all know that.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

fuck 'em both
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  fuck 'em both
                  +1

Comment

i agree with half of that. you miserable surfing alien freak!!!-lol

Comment

that was meant in a satriani type of way i would think you would know Endbat.

Comment

Ooofah. A game and a half. This could be interesting.

Tommy, I'm on the oppostie side of the fence. I want the Yanks to win the Division so the Sox have to play the Angels. Plus, just to beat the Sox after they've led the Division all season long. ...Or, better yet, maybe a one game Yanks-Sox playoff for the Division? Where's Bucky?

Comment

Indians at Yanks
                          BoSox at Anaheim

Comment

Depends on who has the best record , this year the American League chooses the playoff scheduling dates. Next year it rotates to the national League. The team with the best record gets an extra day off to possibly rest andthrow their number 1 starter another time or something like that. . It's a funky rule.

Comment

Working...
                            X