Anyone seen the exchange rate today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen the exchange rate today?

The Canadian dollar is worth 99.82 cents U.S.

I'd better hurry up and buy some shit.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Theyve been predicting for a year or so that it would surpass the us dollar. the us economy is fucked for years because of the war, among other things.
    Ive seen prices come down here this past year, mostly on big ticket items. A PRS custom 22 is about 500-700 less now than it was 3 years ago. Hasn't helped much though, as the guitar market seems to be off.

Buy low, sell high.

Comment

Prices here are still fucked though. They're asking $2,800 for LP Standards around here. They sell for $2,300 to 2,400 on Musician's Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        Prices here are still fucked though. They're asking $2,800 for LP Standards around here. They sell for $2,300 to 2,400 on Musician's Friend.
        Still not that bad comparing to prices here and in Europe in general.

Comment

Is that because of your import taxes or are your stores now making a killing.

Comment

Don't fall victim to the doom and gloom economy propaganda. It's simply a strategy for getting votes in 2008.

Comment

How does that work? The weakening dollar is not a good thing. The world runs on the "Dollar". The weakness of the Dollar makes our stuff cheaper but it also makes all those countries that hold Dollars think about it a lot. Think Petro-Dollars. The Saudis are thinking about a "Pool" of currencies to peg oil. It is really complicated and it confuses me.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The actual exchange rate for an ordinary consumer is not as good as the official daily listed rates. That rate you would only get if you were buying or selling currency on international markets in the millions. You might get 92 or 93 cents in local bank. But hey, its better than the 60 cents it used to be.

Most US retailers most profitable divisions are in Canada right now, because Canadians got used to paying $10 for a widget, so even though the dollar has changed, consumer herd mentality means you can still get $10 for it in Canada.Hardly any prices have changed (except a few big ticket items here and there, since its more noticable on expensive toys). Only the now US parent company is scooping an extra 30-35 cents profit on the canadian dollars they get in return now. My company's most profitable zone is their Canadian division, by a mile.

No GAS for me though, as I no longer play guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Is that because of your import taxes or are your stores now making a killing.
                  Both actually.

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post

No GAS for me though, as I no longer play guitar.
                    What are you doing here then?

:ROTF:

Comment

Habit.
                      Hey I still own them, I just don't play them anymore.

Comment

>> Is that because of your import taxes or are your stores now making a killing.

> Both actually.

True unfortunately..... fucking stock brokers and the government jump on any opportunity to take stuff that belongs to us and hold it for ransom.

"Customs payment expected within 15 days or package will be discarded." How about i reply with something like "My package expected within 15 seconds or smart ass post-office clerk's head will be blown off"

.... or i could dig a huge hole in the back yard for collecting UPS trucks and cash-expecting delivery personnel......
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                          Don't fall victim to the doom and gloom economy propaganda. It's simply a strategy for getting votes in 2008.
                          its not anything like "doom and gloom", it is pure truth, Canada has a fuck load of resources like Oil and America has blown trillions of Dollars on a questionable war.

In the words of Lizzy Borden...

"We Got The Power..."
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                            its not anything like "doom and gloom", it is pure truth, Canada has a fuck load of resources like Oil and America has blown trillions of Dollars on a questionable war.

In the words of Lizzy Borden...

"We Got The Power..."
                            Okay. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                              Okay. LOL
                              why only "okay?"

can you not handle the fact that your country is having a rough time because it is being run by (IMHO) idiots?

America is having a rough time in the economy, do you think wars are free? they certainly are not, and they have little to no pay off. why do you think countries have brought in income tax and It is STILL being used, to pay off war debts.

I will also "Laugh Out Loud" but probably not for the same reason as you, I will laugh because I can finally buy shit at par.

why dont all countries just become one country, have the same currency and make it easier for everyone? because we as people are too God-Damned Stupid, is the problem
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X