Jury duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    Yes jury duty is annoying as it disrupts your regular work week, but when I get called I will be proud to serve. There aren't a whole lot of countries where you are judged by your peers.

I was judged by my peers once..what dumbfucks!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just pretend to be racist like eter griffin "awefull lot of honkies in here!"

hope it's a fun case...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
        Just pretend to be racist like eter griffin "awefull lot of honkies in here!"

hope it's a fun case...
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was excused. As in done. I was the only one in the Juror's Room when I came back from a courtroom to check in. I was making small-talk with the Jury Lady and said I didn't have a phone and it would cost me 50 cents to call in for tomorrow. She said; "Don't tell anyone, buy I am going to excuse you. You are done. I didn't whine. Honest. Your Honor :ROTF:
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Being cheap pays off again Fett!

In the fifteen years we have lived in this town, I have been called for jury duty once. My wife has been called three times. She had to appear in court all three times, and I did not have to go at all when it was my turn. I was hoping to get on some interesting case, but it was not to be. Though my wife was called in all three times, she was not selected. I gave her a few tips an attorney friend gave me to discourage her selection.

It worked...

Comment

I made a request to wear a hat. It's my blind eye. Flo lights just murder it. It was OK. Between being half-blind and having to fork over 50 cents, I guess, she figured it wasn't worth the hassle.:ROTF: I would have gladly served on a jury. But, this is better.
              Last edited by fett; 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, we got to watch a movie, too!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The movie was cool. The whole thing could have been cool. But, when the Man and or Lady says you are excused. What would you do? I said; "Thanks" Fuck. I had to raise my had when the judge and the DA asked a question if it applied to me. I had to answer on a mic. That sucked. I was the last bench warmer. They had a jury 20 people ahead of me.
                  Last edited by fett; 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X