They set a trial date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They set a trial date

Just an FYI for those interested - there was a status hearing yesterday. They have finally set a new trial date (January 14), but nobody knows if it's actually going to stick. There are also 2 dates for motions hearings set - Oct. 14 and Nov. 19 and 20. They have not decided to move the trial yet, but a change of venue has been brought up in discussion - just no motion. The guy is on his 3 attorney this year. The first 2 withdrew for health and money issues. He is still sitting in solitary so it could be worse.

We may be getting closer to an end of this crap, although I'm not going to hold my breath.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...8465468663.txt

There ain't nothing like a battle hardened victim. And that sucks big time. Keep up the good fight.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

so much for timely due process.....
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

One of the most frustrating this is how long this is all taking. The first arrest was June of 06 for the stalking/attempted breaking and entering charges. Then while he was out on bond, they arrested him in July of 06 for the case that includes my attack. As required by IL law, he had a trial date set in Nov. of 06 - within 120 days of his arrest and being held in jail - after the second arrest he couldn't make bond again. The defense requested the first delay - and basically everyone there after. I admit - there's a lot of discovery and stuff that has been handed over to the defense - they say over 6000 pages plus videos and who knows what else. Then the guy's different sets of attorney's keep dropping. The first was for health reasons - but he went on and did other cases. The second was because they didn't think he could pay his bill. Every time he gets a new attorney everything basically starts over. If this thing goes in Jan, it will have been 5 years since one of the girls attacks and almost 5 years since mine.

Comment

Has he sat in jail for five years? If he has, you have to have , at least, some consolation.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

He's been in jail just since July of 2006. There were actually at least 2 attacks and the stalking and attempted breaking and entering case after mine. Those are only cases that have come forward. Apparently the attacker starting threatening not only the victims, but the victims families if they should come forward. But still, he's been in jail and hasn't at this time got the means to get out. So that's at least something. And they hold him in solitary confinement for his own protection.

Comment

They should put him in the general population.. let them serve him some prison justice!
              Hang in there - it will be worth it when this piece of human waste gets put away

Comment

Unbeliavable.
                Gotta love our judicial system.
                In Iran he would be walking gingerly 4 years & 11 months ago.....
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

This must be so frustrating for you. You are in my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                  X